I love this website and want to say thanks..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
So I posted this in another thread about the software update.. But I decided to put it over here for people to read. Yeah, it's long, and a big time FRAT - but if you have 2 minutes, check it out. I just wanted to make a thread to publicly acknowledge the hard work and time these guys have spent making a great place for MMA fans like us, to let them know that hard work is not unnoticed.. but much appreciated.

Anyway, my original post was this:

Splinty and IWEI are my favorite people

This forum and all the work put into it is no easy task. I've owned a lot of forums over the years and none grew at the rate this did. Even the smallest ones took a TON of meticulous, time consuming, tiny little tweaks to make perfect. I just want to take a minute to thank and recognize you guys for the endless hours spent clicking and typing away to get this board to where it's at in just over 2 months time. It's amazing.

With this new update... Man. I just have personally never been on a better forum for any subject. The functionality, the people, the features etc. I can't thank you guys enough. Like I said, I have an idea (only to a degree) of how much work this kind of thing takes.. I can't imagine it on such a scale so soon. It's not even been 3 months and yet you have what, 2 million + views, 20k + posts, near 300 members etc? That is insane for an MMA forum considering there are literally hundreds out there if not more. Thousands. Dozens that have over 100k members each and have been up over a decade

It proves that serious fans who want a place to discuss the sport without all the trolling, negative hate, etc, were waiting YEARS for something like this to come along. Yet I don't think any of us really knew it. Or at least, we didn't think it was possible. It was kind of an obvious idea and at the same time, nobody has really pulled it off the way you guys have. There have been tons of MMA forum offshoots from the UG - I can name at least a dozen. None of them grew at this rate, none had such a high quality of posters so early on, and as far as the forum software and workings itself... NONE were even close. They were just typical free software without any real customization or added features.

The UG, Sherdog, any message board in history all started with a handful of people who wanted to create a new community as an alternative to whatever the hell they were using in their life at the time. Most fail and some take off. The ones that succeed have passion behind them - passion in the developers/owners, and passion in the users.

In my opinion, from many years and countless hours spent reading the forums.... the group of people gathered here are by far some of the most passionate MMA fans I've seen. Most of us have been UG or other users for YEARS. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but a lot of us are respected users, too, who people often say they enjoy reading the original content we've put hours of our time into creating.

Lookoutawhale, EatonBeaver, D241, sgotwalks. I could name DOZENS of us in a minute - these are long time, staple users of the biggest MMA forums on the entire internet.. Who have created threads generating millions of views combined on the UG and OG over the years. Those guys, you guys, me... We are all here now. I find myself spending more and more time here every day because more people like us keep joining up.

I just think it's fucking awesome.. I'm astonished at how well it's turned out. When I was first invited, and told of this idea, I had hopes for it. But had no idea it would become this big this fast. I admired what IWEI and Splinty were doing but I figured it'd be a small handful of us for a long while. Not the crazy #s I listed above... dozens of threads made daily, sometimes hourly... Hundreds of posts on a fight night...

I think this is a reflection of two things that should sum up my entire post:

The hard work of Splinty and IWEI - their absolute true desire to create something for US to enjoy, and people like us... and well, us. Us being so into this sport, us wanting to discuss what we all have in common despite decades of age difference or being thousands of miles apart - a passion for combat sports, the greatest athletic competition in the world. We need a place like this, and it would not be here if the 2 guys whose names keep coming up in this thread didn't put in exhausting hours to make this place not just another spin off MMA forum... But a really great website for people who love fights.

Congratulations to you guys. If there is ever anything I can do to help, let me know. I know this was a super long post, but I really wanted to convey how I feel about this place, and how appreciative I am of the grind you guys have put in - both in development and promotion. It's not easy, you guys have stayed committed and so far, have reaped the rewards of creating the best MMA board out there.

Now let's continue to spread the word!

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Good post G man..yes this place is dope
And the new format is great.thanks fellas..you got a friend in me like PIXAR.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
TL;DR, but yes IWEI and Splinty are doing and awesome fucking job and I'm digging the new update.!

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
IWEI and Splinty aren't going to blow you, Galanis.

;)

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty and IWEI are truly great men. They had a vision and they pursued it. This is what we have here now.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The only trouble with bringing in more people is trolls and troll accounts can fuck up a good thing.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Can we show everyone's IP's in their sir or under their avatars? Might help keep people more honest and deter trolls to an extent.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Can we show everyone's IP's in their sir or under their avatars? Might help keep people more honest and deter trolls to an extent.
I wouldn't do that since there are some security issues there if you are direct connected or have a easy to hack router. Also no good if your work owns a block of IP and now someone is targeting you.

But mods and admins can view IP though I am fine tuning my moderator permissions so that may not totally be accurate just yet

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Damn, thanks Galanis! And everyone else as well. Awesome to be hear people appreciate what we've got going on here.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
True words and observations though OP. The owners/creaters(IWEI/Splinty) truly care. I've seen more productive updates on his site the 2-3 months I've been here than the last 6 years on any of the 3 mma forums I frequented at that time-combined.

I'm loving how easy the words appear after this latest update. There are many cool features I never thought of using, but little things like I just noticed today you click on notifications, and it's not a cluster fuck of information like I was afraid of. Before the migration it said I had like 130 notificatons or something and I didn't want to sift through all of it so I ignored it. However after the reset, it said I had 12 so I clicked on it, and it was SO easy to see what threads I posted on that people replied on.

This is actually a quicker way than what I would do on the UG. UG, for one you have to be a paid member to search more than one month.
-You have to click the search button tab
-enter your username
-click search
-then you have access to post you've posted on and who posted last, etc...
Where as here
-You click the notification tab, that's it. That shows you the post you've posted on and which ones have new post since you last posted.

Little things like that make a huge difference. Plus I haven't commented on this yet, but I like how there is only the option to "like". No down votes or dislike. That's negative, and this site and it's members are ALL about positivity.

Feb 28, 2015
Was just about to start another thread with similar heading and this one popped up so going to chime in here with my thoughts.

I just wanted to say thanks for being such a welcoming crowd. I know I haven't been here long, and haven't actually been a member of the other forums but in my attempts at finding community around this sport I've often been met with skepticism, negativity and condescension mostly because "I'm a girl."

No, I might not know every fighter, every fight they ever fought or how exactly each fight ended or what their particular skill set might be, (I have a shit memory so couldn't even if I tried) but I love the sport and love talking to other people about it and love making jokes about people's hair or sponsorship placements and it's been nice to be well received here. So thanks! :)

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Was just about to start another thread with similar heading and this one popped up so going to chime in here with my thoughts.

I just wanted to say thanks for being such a welcoming crowd. I know I haven't been here long, and haven't actually been a member of the other forums but in my attempts at finding community around this sport I've often been met with skepticism, negativity and condescension mostly because "I'm a girl."

No, I might not know every fighter, every fight they ever fought or how exactly each fight ended or what their particular skill set might be, (I have a shit memory so couldn't even if I tried) but I love the sport and love talking to other people about it and love making jokes about people's hair or sponsorship placements and it's been nice to be well received here. So thanks! :)
Glad you're here! We need some more estrogen around here to offset us piggies. If I'm not mistaken, it's just you and Crooklyn holding down the girl power so you are a VERY important addition to the dynamic around here.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I really believe a forums culture/vibe/atmosphere is a direct reflection of the admins and the tone they set for all the members that visit. I think here they did a good job in setting up shop here for an welcoming place for people to chat, debate and tease all things MMA and then some more all without getting nasty about it. The fact that could recognize the killer mod squad was great intuition on their part as well, right boys?!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh

I'm Concerned about how you put "I'm a girl" in quotation's...

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I've seen more productive updates on his site the 2-3 months I've been here than the last 6 years on any of the 3 mma forums I frequented at that time-combined.
True that. The other site is like Windows 95 compared to this forum. Good to see a top man actually fixing the site and making it better than sitting back and collecting money for blues while the site breaks down.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Yeah this site is like a social networking, facebook, twitter, AOL Chat, UG, MMA forum all in one

It is everything I need in my life. Foreva;):mad::confused::po_Oo_O:oops::eek::D:p:mad::(:) <3

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
True that. The other site is like Windows 95 compared to this forum. Good to see a top man actually fixing the site and making it better than sitting back and collecting money for blues while the site breaks down.
Damn straight!

They won't be getting another penny from me over there, you can bet on that!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yeah this site is like a social networking, facebook, twitter, AOL Chat, UG, MMA forum all in one

It is everything I need in my life. Foreva;):mad::confused::po_Oo_O:oops::eek::D:p:mad::(:) <3

I will bring back the giant smiley assortment soon. We can't survive without a buttsecks smiley.