Lifestyle I made stinging nettle soup

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I knew a latino man named Salvador...he is a great dude.

In Mexico he used to walk 5 miles to work over hills and terrain each day as a kid and eat off the land as he walked.

He came to America and he was on one of my Tree planting crews in the Oregon wilderness...He was easily my best planter/worker.

He had been in the NW woods for two decades and had learned to eat off the land here.

He got me eating Nettles daily, you just gotta roll them in your fingers to crush the little "stingers" then you eat them...pick the new buds

He showed me dozens of edible plants and most of them tasted good, some horrible.

never made tea though

A few times we would kill a deer in the day, gut it...and eat it that night in our hotel rooms...good times.
I thought you were gonna say "he started eating nettles and "WHOOPS, BIG MISTAKE!!"

I've never heard that you can roll & burst the "stingers".
I know we used the back spore buds off ferns to counteract the nettles effect.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
You are the only person I've ever heard talk about eating pig arseholes

More than once

Claims it ain't her

Ordering it and eating it do not equal each other, tart. I probably had a taste but I just ate the fries it came with.
tongue and heart are a little tough though
Best tongue I had was in Prague. 3 different mustards, it was gorgeous. I really am up for anything though so long as it isn't something I've ridden or had as a pet.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ordering it and eating it do not equal each other, tart. I probably had a taste but I just ate the fries it came with.

Best tongue I had was in Prague. 3 different mustards, it was gorgeous. I really am up for anything though so long as it isn't something I've ridden or had as a pet.
i have had beef tongue and moose tongue . it was edible but not my favorite. deer heart quite a few times and it was good. chicken hearts dozens of times and they are great

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I thought you were gonna say "he started eating nettles and "WHOOPS, BIG MISTAKE!!"

I've never heard that you can roll & burst the "stingers".
I know we used the back spore buds off ferns to counteract the nettles effect.
still numbs the mouth a lil bit

but they are edible and have some solid nutritional value

"Nettle tea is high in many nutrients, particularly vitamin A, various B vitamins(including B-1, B-2, B-3, and B-5), vitamin C, amino acids, calcium, fatty acids, folic acid, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and potassium."

"Nettles work very well as a survival food, thanks to their high-quality protein content and high levels of nutrients. At the time of their peak protein content they contain up to 25% protein by dry weight. They are a complete protein, with a good mix of essential amino acids."

I probably ate nettles and beef jerky for 400+ days as my only lunch...I would put some nettle in my mouth after I had softened the jerky...pretty good

Salvador eats young blackberry buds(spring), I tried those and I hated them...he would just munch em and enjoyed em...He truly ate things that would make a billy goat puke, great dude.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i have had beef tongue and moose tongue . it was edible but not my favorite. deer heart quite a few times and it was good. chicken hearts dozens of times and they are great
deer heart is great

had it raw...was ok...better cooked and flavored

haven't had tongue

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I think I may have only had heart in pie. It'll probably return to me at some point. If I'm well enough Sunday I look forward to it. Fremont isn't Tokyo but I like grazing food stuffs and things on skewers. I haven't had sake in forever either, that's bound to numb a cold for an hour or so.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Nice! Looks much better than the tea I made from yard pickings. That shit was pretty gross.

I plan to make some dandelion wine this spring. Just waiting for those yellow fuckers to start sprouting out of the ground.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Nice! Looks much better than the tea I made from yard pickings. That shit was pretty gross.

I plan to make some dandelion wine this spring. Just waiting for those yellow fuckers to start sprouting out of the ground.
Really is this what the forum has come to?