General I need advice on a new shaver

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Old School double edge safety razor is the way to go. Get some quality shaving soap and a quality brush. Don't buy the aerosol foam or gel, its way inferior to most traditional soap/cream on the market.

You're going to cut yourself learning and it'll take awhile to get your technique right. Once you've mastered it, you won't buy another disposable again.

The upfront cost will be more expensive, if you buy a decent safety razor will last you a lifetime, you'll get a lot of years out of good brush as well. Blades are cheap the most you'll pay is about .50 for a blade but they can be as low as .07 - get a sample pack to find the right blade as each different brand has its own sharpness, aggressiveness and feel to it.

Or for extra man points jump straight into shaving with a straight razor, mind after a couple of weeks you'll have more scar tissue than a Diaz eyebrow.
I went that route and after I ran out of razors I shifted back to the triple blade Mach series. I'm not trying to make shaving an art. I want it over and done with quickly. I do my shaving in the shower without a mirror since it saves time. Loved the double edge at first, but then just lost the enthusiasm after about a year and a half. I will say this, once switching back to the plastic razors, they did feel like a toy for a long time since they have zero weight to them.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I have an adjustable trimmer for when I’m letting my beard go beyond scruff.

For a normal clean shave with a razor I use the Schick Hydro (5 blades). It is so much better the Gillette Mach Shit I overpaid on for so many years.

Most days though (especially during COVID I use the Panasonic One like Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken recommended. It gets 90+% as close as a regular place but in minimal time with not worry of water, cream, or razor bumps.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I went that route and after I ran out of razors I shifted back to the triple blade Mach series. I'm not trying to make shaving an art. I want it over and done with quickly. I do my shaving in the shower without a mirror since it saves time. Loved the double edge at first, but then just lost the enthusiasm after about a year and a half. I will say this, once switching back to the plastic razors, they did feel like a toy for a long time since they have zero weight to them.
Each to their own, I kind of enjoy the process of it. I only shave once my stubble starts to get itchy, so maybe every 5-6 days. I might have a different opinion if I kept a clean shave. That said it only takes me an extra few minutes with the double edge.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Each to their own, I kind of enjoy the process of it. I only shave once my stubble starts to get itchy, so maybe every 5-6 days. I might have a different opinion if I kept a clean shave. That said it only takes me an extra few minutes with the double edge.
If you enjoy the process, you will LOVE the time it takes to shave your balls with it.