General I once joined MENSA. AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I joined, but it honestly is not much of an achievement or statement of anything other than the person who joins is a turd.

I became embarrassed immediately and never did anything with them and I have never told anyone in real life . I was embarrassed upon being accepted in and getting their newsletter and seeing the type of person who needs that kind of validation. I suppose it’s likely I wanted the validation to a small extent and then got mad at myself for succumbing to it. My wife doesn’t know and no one else in my family knows.

Since I’ll only know y’all here online where it’s all fun and games and nothing matters, I admit to it in this thread.

Don’t ask me anything.

I may end up claiming that I was lying about it in this post.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I had a chat about this before with someone I used to work with. He said they all just sit around all smug and don't actually do fuck all. Did they give you a card to put in your wallet or something? Or a secret handshake?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I joined, but it honestly is not much of an achievement or statement of anything other than the person who joins is a turd.

I became embarrassed immediately and never did anything with them and I have never told anyone in real life . I was embarrassed upon being accepted in and getting their newsletter and seeing the type of person who needs that kind of validation. I suppose it’s likely I wanted the validation to a small extent and then got mad at myself for succumbing to it. My wife doesn’t know and no one else in my family knows.

Since I’ll only know y’all here online where it’s all fun and games and nothing matters, I admit to it in this thread.

Don’t ask me anything.

I may end up claiming that I was lying about it in this post.
lol i finally joined but then covid hit. i still get weekly emails with articles about cool ish tho. and plan on rejoining at some point so as to get access to interesting conferences in the city

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
lol i finally joined but then covid hit. i still get weekly emails with articles about cool ish tho. and plan on rejoining at some point so as to get access to interesting conferences in the city
Dude you should get drunk and go to one. I'll buy you a monacle. We can dress you up as Monopoly man.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
whats the entry fee?
I don’t remember.

I got their newsletter.... like the local branch in Arlington, and it was bad. They looked like a bunch of pretentious assholes. They were doing something like discussing Alexander Pope’s work or some shit.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don’t remember.

I got their newsletter.... like the local branch in Arlington, and it was bad. They looked like a bunch of pretentious assholes. They were doing something like discussing Alexander Pope’s work or some shit.
Those fucken dummies. I thought the pope was that Nazi feller

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fuck no. I never told a soul.
Is it something that could be put on there?

I put on mine that I have the longest pinking of all time.

Well until some pointy eared traitor sabotaged me and gave someone 99years recently.