I still remember all the shills that said Bendo and WEC guys were not UFC level

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Anybody else remember all the shills at the old site who would always say the WEC guys were not UFC level and wouldnt be able to hang. Look at Aldo, Swanson, Cerrone, Pettis and Henderson. It was amazing just how many posters kept saying they couldnt hang in the UFC. They said the same thing about Pride and Strikeforce fighters too.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
LOL yep. Like I said a million times...there are UFC fans, and then there are MMA fans. That site is full of UFC fans, and it's a culture that starts at the top. It seems to make the brass sick to have to even mention other promotions.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They were just on the Dana fart pipes, that's how the shill mandate is disseminated, they suck on fart pipes connected to his ass while he eats fuckin chipotle and pralines or something

Furrythunder

Feb 7, 2015
mma is more like a brand in a way unlike other combat sport .which why fans put fighters in a category by looking at the promotion and rate their skill.I just think some fans can't tell good fighter and good fight.

Furrythunder

Feb 7, 2015
Who the fuck says promotion level bec that's most retarded shit ever.I swear you don't hear boxing fans say top rank promotion level because that's fucking ridiculous.you don't look at the promotion.You look at the fighter skill set and the fight. I don't get why fans side with the promotion not with the fighters.i'm a fans of fighter and not the Fk promotion.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I don't think the UFC had a lightweight and under divisions when Bendo and them were in the WEC.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
They said the same thing about Strikeforce and a lot of those guys are dominating the UFC.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Was thinking about this a lot lately. Back in wec I diddnt rate bendo, he was just that big haired gut who kept getting caught in Subs, miraculously escaping and winning a close decision.

I was new to mma back then.

I was pumped for Aldo and Pettis in the ufc, Torres too.

But in the long haul my favorites from there are bendo, cerrone, 2 guys I thought would get their assessment kicked in ufc.

There was a great thread on the UG that kept tally of the WEC VS UFC

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Rico_Cutler;n21467 said:
They had LW
This is correct obviously. UFC has basically had the 155lb and under division since 2000 at UFC 26, which originally was called Bantamweight.

A lot of fans don't realize when Pulver won the "Lightweight" title over Uno at UFC 30 it was actually called the Bantamweight Championship. The weight classes were re-organized at the next event (UFC 31) to the current structure.

*Fun Fact-
Pulver won the "Bantamweight Championship" at UFC 30
and defended the "Lightweight Championship" at UFC 33

WEC was merged in to the UFC in 2010/2011 with it's only remaining 135, 145, & 155 lb weight classes.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Song2;n21510 said:
Was thinking about this a lot lately. Back in wec I diddnt rate bendo, he was just that big haired gut who kept getting caught in Subs, miraculously escaping and winning a close decision.

I was new to mma back then.

I was pumped for Aldo and Pettis in the ufc, Torres too.

But in the long haul my favorites from there are bendo, cerrone, 2 guys I thought would get their assessment kicked in ufc.

There was a great thread on the UG that kept tally of the WEC VS UFC
I thought Brian Bowles was going to make big waves.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
The UFC has always feasted on a steady diet of other promotions talent, aside from a few fighters they have not really been able to bring new talent along from grass roots level.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Probably the same people who said SF guys wouldnt do shit in the UFC and we have seen how that does. Most UFC stars came from SF, Pride, WEC and other orgs.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I don't think that is quite fair, the UFC have had plenty of top guys come through their ranks.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Jonny Quest;n21506 said:
They said the same thing about Strikeforce and a lot of those guys are dominating the UFC.

I miss strikeforce, WEC, IFL, etc...

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Zeph;n21523 said:
I thought Brian Bowles was going to make big waves.
Oh fuck Yea me too. I was pumped for him vs faber, thought he might knock him out

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Daglord;n21618 said:
I miss strikeforce, WEC, IFL, etc...
Me too brother. Me too. Those were great shows...especially WEC and Strikeforce.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I Wild Each It;n21641 said:
Me too brother. Me too. Those were great shows...especially WEC and Strikeforce.
SF didnt put on a lot of shows but when they did the cards were stacked from start to finish. WEC was just awesome i rarely missed a show!. I love Bellator also but they just dont have that WOW factor with the cage, production, fighters, promos etc. I really hope they can change it up and do great things. Coker only just started but so far im not seeing the Coker of SF you know.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pitbull3744;n21652 said:
SF didnt put on a lot of shows but when they did the cards were stacked from start to finish. WEC was just awesome i rarely missed a show!. I love Bellator also but they just dont have that WOW factor with the cage, production, fighters, promos etc. I really hope they can change it up and do great things. Coker only just started but so far im not seeing the Coker of SF you know.
I think Coker has been focusing his time on cleaning up the fucking mess Bjorn left him, with regards to fighter contracts, sponsors, etc. The one good thing he immediately addressed though was doing away with the tournaments. The cost of putting those on, was bankrupting the organization. So he got that accomplished, he negotiated a new deal with Spike TV, signed a huge deal w/ Miller Lite, and based on recent interviews...he's working on fighter contracts right now. It appears he's getting his head above water now, and he says they're moving towards Strikeforce 2.0. If they get there and also start stealing some free agents, the UFC better look the fuck out. They've got the resources, and the right man in place, to do some real damage.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I Wild Each It;n21641 said:
as dana would say, they had that "it factor" imo :yup: