i worked as a scout/gameplanner for mma fighters/camps - ask me questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Devante

Dec 28, 2018
for a period of time i worked as a scout/gameplan guy for a few name mma fighters/coaches/camps

if u got questions - ask away

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
for a period of time i worked as a scout/gameplan guy for a few name mma fighters/coaches/camps

if u got questions - ask away
any of the guys you worked with train comprehensive Muay Thai clinchwork? i.e. no underhooks but extensive work outside of the double collar tie?

how did those approach body/head kicks in their gameplan? They try to inflict substantial damage with these kicks ? Is it seen as a particularly risky technique?

blas4ublasphemy

Oct 25, 2015
Could you theoretically drop your watch in a steaming hot bowl of pho, eat the meal and still have a functioning timepiece or does it specifically have to be water?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
any of the guys you worked with train comprehensive Muay Thai clinchwork? i.e. no underhooks but extensive work outside of the double collar tie?

how did those approach body/head kicks in their gameplan? They try to inflict substantial damage with these kicks ? Is it seen as a particularly risky technique?
Whoa whoa whoa... That's personal, bruh!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
D @Devante I coached a little too and what I always saw was managing fighters emotions leading up to and during the fight was 80% and the physical training was about 20%. What's been your approach to getting them to believe they can do the things they train to do?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When you have Diego hang upside down, is it so he gets more blood to his head and can think faster?

Devante

Dec 28, 2018
D @Devante I coached a little too and what I always saw was managing fighters emotions leading up to and during the fight was 80% and the physical training was about 20%. What's been your approach to getting them to believe they can do the things they train to do?
in my experience, its being honest w/them; a lot of camps build confidence around false narratives, and then when adversity comes they fold up or go downhill because all camp long they were told one thing..and in the fight, that thing ends up not being true.

to me its a matter of being realistic and more importantly providing context in what your drilling, what your training so that if there is a setback its not as crushing to their confidence...because they are aware of the how what and why of what they are being trained to do..