General I would recommend not dancing around your unconscious patients on youtube if you're a doctor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I don't see the problem, maybe it helps her relax during the procedures. Different strokes for different folks.

If it was an old white doctor jiving to some Neil Diamond, I doubt anyone bat an eye. It would probably be a hit on Reddit. But because it's a black woman listening to rap music, we immediately assume incompetence.

M

member 1013

As a coworker, how do you put up with that shit?

I know the surgeon is the lead in the operating room but bah gawd.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Apparently there's some real malpractice injury too (dropped a lung during breast implants supposedly) but beyond that... Why would she record that and put it online?

She could have made stupid skits that don't involve her patients.

Ohh btw while we're talking medical shit, I wanted to get your thoughts on this local story.

Doctor gets $50K incentive to work in N.L. but says job offer withdrawn | CBC News

Check out the article, but long story short...

This kid is supposedly mega-talented doctor just graduating from local medical school. Wants to stay and live in Newfoundland with girlfriend.
He's promised a job and given a $50,000 bursary, but this kid has a host of different outside interests - he's a YouTube content creator and wants to obtain a helicopter license, among other things. Eastern Health (government health org) views this as him not truly being fully committed to being a doctor, I guess assuming he wouldn't be available to work all hours/overtime/etc, and they rescind the job offer and he moves off to Buffalo, and we lose a doctor.

Does this happen in the States? Will employers view extracurricular activities as a bad thing for doctors?

M

member 1013

I don't see the problem, maybe it helps her relax during the procedures. Different strokes for different folks.

If it was an old white doctor jiving to some Neil Diamond, I doubt anyone bat an eye. It would probably be a hit on Reddit. But because it's a black woman listening to rap music, we immediately assume incompetence.
Typical Newfie

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Does this happen in the States? Will employers view extracurricular activities as a bad thing for doctors?

Nope. Not unless there's a clause describing that you can't do that specifically.

Getting bonuses and stipends to lock in a future employment contract on the cheap is common.
That contract will specify length of employment, and depending on what field you're in and it will determine potentially what types of surgeries or procedures or number of days in clinic or number of patients per Clinic day or things like that. If you can do those things, your extracurriculars that don't compete directly with your practice (ie you can't be doctor somewhere else too) are not typically a topic of conversation.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
'Dancing Doctor' accused of malpractice has medical license suspended

Wut the heck was she thinking??

View: https://youtu.be/8x9aWYsDa5g

Apparently there's some real malpractice injury too (dropped a lung during breast implants supposedly) but beyond that... Why would she record that and put it online?

She could have made stupid skits that don't involve her patients.
Are you trying to say you don't dance around patients? U know I'm one of your NSFW monthly pay snap chat followers, right?

M

member 3289

Nope. Not unless there's a clause describing that you can't do that specifically.

Getting bonuses and stipends to lock in a future employment contract on the cheap is common.
That contract will specify length of employment, and depending on what field you're in and it will determine potentially what types of surgeries or procedures or number of days in clinic or number of patients per Clinic day or things like that. If you can do those things, your extracurriculars that don't compete directly with your practice (ie you can't be doctor somewhere else too) are not typically a topic of conversation.
Enough braggadocio, goof

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Do your coworkers know you own this site?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
Did you the penis is a vestigial organ?! I
can’t wait til mine falls off!

Wait, what are we talking about?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
The problem is probably the patient is open bleeding and on general longer while dr dre dances around and sings while looking into the camera.