Lifestyle If I was black

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I would shave my head. Was just chatting with a colleague about plans for the weekend and on Sunday he’s getting his dreads done. Fuck having to set a day aside to get your hair done.
Speaking from experience( mind you i’m a halfer so my fro has softer curls) I prefer just shaving my head. I had a huge fro in high school like ludacris back in the day and depending on what side I sleep on the fro was completely flat, when I woke up and I’d have to pick that shit out every morning.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Speaking from experience( mind you i’m a halfer so my fro has softer curls) I prefer just shaving my head. I had a huge fro in high school like ludacris back in the day and depending on what side I sleep on the fro was completely flat, when I woke up and I’d have to pick that shit out every morning.

LUDAAAA!!!

Jan 21, 2015
I would shave my head. Was just chatting with a colleague about plans for the weekend and on Sunday he’s getting his dreads done. Fuck having to set a day aside to get your hair done.
I thought the point of dreads was that you don't have to do shit. REAL dreads you don't get 'done', you just leave it and let it get natty, no?

you think Bob Marley got his dreads 'done' FFS?

PS: pic of old Galt is hilarious and great. totally convincing that is likely the Galt I will meet one day

Jan 21, 2015
Had a friend with dreads and we cut one of them off and it was all filled with bugs and stuff inside. He was mad that we cut the first one but upon seeing the insides he begged us to cut the rest off

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
black people spend entirely too much time on their hair

my son is half black, half me. I usually take him to my barber but one day we were out, my son wanted a hair cut, my barber was closed that day. so we stopped by a black barbershop. there was like 6-7 people in front of us. no biggie. almost 3 fucking hours later we were finally out of there. I was blown away. later that day I texted one my my black friends to tell him about it. he did not see the big deal, said that is pretty normal. he said when he goes to get a haircut he plans on being there most of the morning

that is crazy to me. I am in and out in 30 minutes, max. I try to go during the week so I don't have to wait at all. I see an old military barber. straight edge razor on the neck, has pool table and chess set while waiting. $12 plus tip.

I told my son we are done with the black barbers because no way I am ever waiting that long again. they did do a badass job on his tape line though. much better than the white guy we see

I keep a fade. Tightest fade will almost always be a black barbershop. But it's a social affair. Takes a long time. It's done when it's done. Friendly, not all business.

Average haircut place will screw up a fade and I have no idea why. There's no reason for it. It's so damn easy. But they do. Rush it and leave a bad transition. Fade too high or low etc.

I get my haircut by an overtrained fancy stylist now. Punctual, talented. In and out. But costs a shit load more than everywhere else. Low Price, quality, time. Pick only two for just about anything.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

What you got in that bag??!

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
If you were black your dick would be much bigger than that ginger stump your sporting now.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015

You’ve inspired my drive home.