General If Trump was still president...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
they are not. it takes a long time for a security clearance investigation, and it costs north of $100k per person to do a TS background check and it has to be redone every 5 years. A standard Secret clearance is basically a citizenship check and a credit report, but even that is expensive for the number of people at Mar-A-Lago.
That's not vetting. That's issuing clearances. They aren't the same thing.

the government isn't allocating resources for a civilian to have the people around him granted security clearance, there just isn't a national interest.
Yea, they are and there absolutely is. It's literally the claimed point of the raid.

i didn't.

i maintained communication equipment for the SecDef's plane (NAOC) and US STRATCOM in Omaha.
Specifically the SCTIS and the USC/28 modem.
So you weren't actually in the intelligence sphere like the NSA, CIA, or FBI would be.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That's not vetting. That's issuing clearances. They aren't the same thing.
you said they're being vetted for security, I said they're having a background check.
now you want to blur the line because you made the retarded statement that Mar-A-Lago was basically a SCIF because some Secret Service agents are there sometimes.

Yea, they are and there absolutely is. It's literally the claimed point of the raid.
The claimed point of the raid is that there's a national security interest in vetting the people around Trump?
I think the point of the raid was that Pres Trump had retained classified information after his clearance became inactive. That's what happens when you leave the role for which you were granted clearance.

So you weren't actually in the intelligence sphere like the NSA, CIA, or FBI would be.
keep reaching. When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, I served the Joint Intelligence Directorate and reported through an adjunct to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Derp on, Derpasaurus.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
they are not. it takes a long time for a security clearance investigation, and it costs north of $100k per person to do a TS background check
Can you post a source. All the numbers I see aren’t even in this ballpark.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Okay, now really think it through.....
i don't know if voluntarily getting on the plane to fly to Martha's Vineyard is the same as like gang of people found dead in some shed, trailer, or container in the middle of Texas somewhere

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i don't know if voluntarily getting on the plane to fly to Martha's Vineyard is the same as like gang of people found dead in some shed, trailer, or container in the middle of Texas somewhere
Same outcome? No. Same activity? Yes.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
are you looking at what the gov't charges, or what the gov't pays?
I’m looking for any documentation that has a number near 100k. That’s multiple times any number I can find.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
you said they're being vetted for security, I said they're having a background check.
now you want to blur the line because you made the retarded statement that Mar-A-Lago was basically a SCIF because some Secret Service agents are there sometimes.

The claimed point of the raid is that there's a national security interest in vetting the people around Trump?
I think the point of the raid was that Pres Trump had retained classified information after his clearance became inactive. That's what happens when you leave the role for which you were granted clearance.

keep reaching. When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, I served the Joint Intelligence Directorate and reported through an adjunct to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Derp on, Derpasaurus.
As I said, there's no conversation to be had here. You're applying your very narrow personal knowledge to a vast, nuanced subject.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’m looking for any documentation that has a number near 100k. That’s multiple times any number I can find.
the gov't charges very little for the clearance, but the number I heard when I was in the service was $60k and a friend with an active TS gave me the $100k number when he had his renewed.

I know that in my case, 2 FBI agents went to Iowa, Arizona, and Nebraska tracking down everyone I socialized with. You give them a list of references, they interview those references, and then they ask "and who else did he associate with while he lived here?" and then they go interview those people until the only answers they get are people they already interviewed.

then there was a afternoon of psychological tests and an interview, followed by a lie detector test.

but the gov't does it at a huge loss because there's a national security interest in having the person vetted. If I wanted to perform the same investigation without a national security interest, it's not getting done for whatever the line cost is...$500-$5000, depending on level?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK

just to dovetail with the rest of the conversation, Pres Trump doesn't have a "need to know" on any classified material. I'd be surprised if a former POTUS security clearance doesn't go Inactive the day he leaves the role.

So if a former POTUS doesn't have an active clearance, there's no national security interest in having the FBI investigate everyone around him - he's not supposed to have access to any classified material.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
That's a deployable SCIF.

if there was a SCIF on site, they would have used it. There's no evidence that a permanent SCIF was there
It was not a deployable SCIF. A room at Mar a Lago was converted into a SCIF. Not deployable like the tents or containers that you can load up and move.

2nd floor, northeast corner if your interested. Jk, kinda

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It was not a deployable SCIF. A room at Mar a Lago was converted into a SCIF. Not deployable like the tents or containers that you can load up and move.

2nd floor, northeast corner if your interested. Jk, kinda
that's still a deployable SCIF. Building a SCIF involves vetting concrete contractors and a bunch of other stuff.

a deployable SCIF is one that's set up inside an existing structure, commonly called the "cold shell"

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
that's still a deployable SCIF. Building a SCIF involves vetting concrete contractors and a bunch of other stuff.

a deployable SCIF is one that's set up inside an existing structure, commonly called the "cold shell"
No sir, that’s a temporary SCIF.

There are permanent, temporary and deployable.

George Bush, Hillary Clinton and Trump had temporary SCIFs.

(TRUMP HAD TWO! ONE AT TRUMP TOWERS, ALSO. LOL)

Obama used deployables.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
No sir, that’s a temporary SCIF.

There are permanent, temporary and deployable.

George Bush, Hillary Clinton and Trump had temporary SCIFs.

(TRUMP HAD TWO! ONE AT TRUMP TOWERS, ALSO. LOL)

Obama used deployables.
there are permanent and temporary.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The reports I’m hearing today is that he’s basically right because there isn’t much off a protocol.
there's a standing executive order from Pres Obama which permits (but does not require) agencies to waive the "need to know" requirement of former Presidents in relation to classified material.

But none of the crimes alleged against Pres Trump require that the information be classified in order for a crime to have been committed.

It's a red herring in the criminal case, but it's a crazy precedent...unless you think that the POTUS is a king who thinks laws in to existence. Does anyone want this power conferred on the current POTUS?

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
there's a standing executive order from Pres Obama which permits (but does not require) agencies to waive the "need to know" requirement of former Presidents in relation to classified material.

But none of the crimes alleged against Pres Trump require that the information be classified in order for a crime to have been committed.

It's a red herring in the criminal case, but it's a crazy precedent...unless you think that the POTUS is a king who thinks laws in to existence. Does anyone want this power conferred on the current POTUS?
All I said is he might end up being right.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
All I said is he might end up being right.
if he's right, it's irrelevant to his criminality and should be frightening AF to anyone who believes in Liberty and Rule of Law.

It basically carves out an exception to those things when it involves the POTUS.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
if he's right, it's irrelevant to his criminality and should be frightening AF to anyone who believes in Liberty and Rule of Law.

It basically carves out an exception to those things when it involves the POTUS.
Why did you post that tweet if things being declassified is irrelevant? Seems to me people are posting that to call him stupid and it appears he might actually be right.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Why did you post that tweet if things being declassified is irrelevant? Seems to me people are posting that to call him stupid and it appears he might actually be right.
the fact that a guy who wants to be POTUS again thinks that being POTUS means nothing you do is illegal is very relevant to whether or not he should be in that position.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i didn't.

i maintained communication equipment for the SecDef's plane (NAOC) and US STRATCOM in Omaha.
Specifically the SCTIS and the USC/28 modem.
I'd love to hear more about this. I had a friend that moved to DC right out of school and worked in that field. Fucker ratted me out during his interview because we smoked weed together ONCE. Some fed reached out and wanted to interview me, but a mutual friend let it slip that he got questioned about weed. Didn't bother with that agent or friend again. Complete pussy move.

Did you share all your inner demons to get clearance?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'd love to hear more about this. I had a friend that moved to DC right out of school and worked in that field. Fucker ratted me out during his interview because we smoked weed together ONCE. Some fed reached out and wanted to interview me, but a mutual friend let it slip that he got questioned about weed. Didn't bother with that agent or friend again. Complete pussy move.

Did you share all your inner demons to get clearance?
i worked in a TS shop, so I knew all the right answers. I smoked weed once or twice, was also drinking, never got high. :)

They didn't really care what I had done, they just wanted to know what I would lie about because that could be leveraged against me.
I came clean about my criminal stuff, but I knew that unless it was an unsolved murder they didn't give a shit.