If women stopped competing in the UFC...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What action would you take if WMMA was removed from the UFC

• Total voters

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Would you care? Would you put up a stink on socail media and forums pleading to bring it back or high 5 your bros?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I'm a big fan but would have no problem with Invicta being the home of wmma

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Would you care? Would you put up a stink on socail media and forums pleading to bring it back or high 5 your bros?
I feel like "protest the internet streets" is being equated with "full retard" here. I think it depends on the circumstances under which it is removed. Some things would be cause for protest, and some would be cause for a shrug and some disappointment.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I feel like "protest the internet streets" is being equated with "full retard" here. I think it depends on the circumstances under which it is removed. Some things would be cause for protest, and some would be cause for a shrug and some disappointment.
Tell me some more poll options and I'll be happy to edit.

For clarification "protest the internet streets" would be something like sharing your opinion on multiple platforms like Twitter, IG or FB

Full retard would be what @conor mcgregor nut hugger posts on a daily basis.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I would like to see Invicta be the home to WMMA with the option to co-promote their biggest fights time to time on a UFC card. There's been a handful of fights I've enjoyed but over all it's pretty disapointing IMO. With all due respect fighters like Danielle Taylor have no business fighting on TV.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
I would like to see Invicta be the home to WMMA with the option to co-promote their biggest fights time to time on a UFC card. There's been a handful of fights I've enjoyed but over all it's pretty disapointing IMO. With all due respect fighters like Danielle Taylor have no business fighting on TV.
Agree on the first part
As far as Danielle Taylor she is at least a 2x KOTC champ and already 1-0 in the ufc. She's 8-2 as a pro and 4-1 as an amateur. I guess for me wmma is a slight change from the cookie cutter mens fighters ranked 16-100 in each division. That take up 3/4 of every card every weekend.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
As much as I like nurkanu and Emmab and shinkicker and girlandcoconut, I just couldn't care less about women's fighting.....

I'm sorry for this stance and this is coming from someone who has a soon to be 5 year old daughter who I plan on sending to jiu jitsu to defend herself in the future.

I just don't find it interesting. I have never found any of rousey's fights interesting (well, exception being when gilbosh tipped me off that she got torched before I could watch - thanks Gil Team Bisping @Team Bisping ) nor any other fights interesting unless I'm invested........

Sorry, delete me and me profile as I'm a heartless cunty

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
As much as I like nurkanu and Emmab and shinkicker and girlandcoconut, I just couldn't care less about women's fighting.....

I'm sorry for this stance and this is coming from someone who has a soon to be 5 year old daughter who I plan on sending to jiu jitsu to defend herself in the future.

I just don't find it interesting. I have never found any of rousey's fights interesting (well, exception being when gilbosh tipped me off that she got torched before I could watch - thanks Gil Team Bisping @Team Bisping ) nor any other fights interesting unless I'm invested........

Sorry, delete me and me profile as I'm a heartless cunty
Good work on the bjj classes. When she's ready for a lesson we can stream infantgrappling.com with our daughters headlining the event.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Tell me some more poll options and I'll be happy to edit.

For clarification "protest the internet streets" would be something like sharing your opinion on multiple platforms like Twitter, IG or FB

Full retard would be what @conor mcgregor nut hugger posts on a daily basis.
Ok, in that case, I changed my vote because I would probably say something on tmmac and on twitter.

But still, it depends on the circumstances. If it were not bringing in viewers, if the numbers were bad, etc., then it is what it is.

There are certain women I enjoy watching more than others, but the same can be said for the men. And there are both men's and women's fights that I fast forward through.

I am looking forward to Shevchenko vs Nunes, whatever Calvillo does next, and strawweight is good when it's not about overhyping pretty girls. I'm looking forward to seeing where Felice Herrig is at for her next fight. I would be sad to see their stories ditched.

I don't care about Cyborg.

MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK is right about the lower ranked men's fights being cookie cutter after a while.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I would have the biggest smile. Not because I'd be happy to see WMMA done, but because girls like Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Cris Cyborg, Rose Namajunes, Karate Hottie, etc would need to find a new home, and guaranteed a lot of them would pick Bellator. Why would they stick with Invicta after receiving such a clear message that they're not wanted?

But this will never happen. They've seen the crossover success Ronda had and the big numbers she brought in. They have the blueprints, now they're just looking for the right fighter to recreate that same success.

Last edited:

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
I would have the biggest smile. Not because I'd be happy to see WMMA done, but because girls like Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Cris Cyborg, Rose Namajunes, Karate Hottie, etc would need to find a new home, and guaranteed a lot of them would pick Bellator. Why would they stick with Invicta (Zuffa owned) after receiving such a clear message that they're not wanted?

But this will never happen. They've seen the crossover success Ronda had and the big numbers she brought in. They have the blueprints, now they're just looking for the right fighter to recreate that same success.
Invicta isn't owned by Zuffa, never has been.

Knapp: UFC Does Not Own Or Control Invicta FC

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
I have a big problem with it.. they pay their women garbage and a certain person in their higher echelon has an agenda. They stall out contracts and try to revise history... I used to be the biggest Invicta supporter out there, bar NONE, but Invicta has changed since 2013/14 area and not for the better.

The women's divisions in the UFC are to stay, they just need to have someone who gives a fuck match make for them specifically.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
I have a big problem with it.. they pay their women garbage and a certain person in their higher echelon has an agenda. They stall out contracts and try to revise history... I used to be the biggest Invicta supporter out there, bar NONE, but Invicta has changed since 2013/14 area and not for the better.

The women's divisions in the UFC are to stay, they just need to have someone who gives a fuck match make for them specifically.
Thats great
so spill the beans

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Thats great
so spill the beans
Look at what their payouts are, who they have been signing, how the production values have dropped since signing with fight pass, etc etc etc.. For fucks sake, even Roxy is begging for fights(yes I know one just signed for her). Invicta has gone down hill quickly, and their audience is shrinking because of it.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Look at what their payouts are, who they have been signing, how the production values have dropped since signing with fight pass, etc etc etc.. For fucks sake, even Roxy is begging for fights(yes I know one just signed for her). Invicta has gone down hill quickly, and their audience is shrinking because of it.
well at least I can watch the events. I ordered their ppv's and you know the disaster those were. Yes pay is low but seems to be on par with what the ufc pays considering company profits. Can't speak on the behind the scene stuff as apparently you can. But Roxy was given a title shot in her last fight coming off a 4-7 run with 2 split decision wins.

You really think less people watch now on fightpass than $20 online ppv?
And who is the person with the agenda? PM me and I'll post it if your're worried about someone finding out. Why protect a person hurting fighters and your friends?

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I'd at least request a Joanna exception.
I'd be bummed, but unless it gained some traction to where I think my voice would matter (which is damn near impossible) I wouldn't cause a stink.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I voted "miss them but not go full retard". If they stop fighting on the UFC, and if there's a WMMA fight I really wanna watch I'll just watch the card from whatever org it is. No problem.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
If UFC ditches em, someone else will fill the void.

It's clear fans care about female mma stars.