General If you need a laugh...This is the place

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It was like 100 years old or so, and was on loan from the Martin museum. I don't think he knew anything about it (or vintage guitars in general), and they had multiple guitars to smash for that scene so he thought it was good to go for what he needed to do.

Don't remember the model or price it was worth, but it is irreplaceable. Big fuck up to destroy a piece of history. I think Martin released a statement after saying that they will no longer loan guitars from their museum for any reason.
i was told by a Martin collector it was worth ~$20k, but they always insure them for double.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
i was told by a Martin collector it was worth ~$20k, but they always insure them for double.
I mean, I'm sure they got compensated....but I'm sure the Martin museum would much rather have the guitar still! My bro used to sell vintage instruments, so I've seen a decent number. I can't imagine destroying one of them. Maybe I'm just overly sentimental, but those old instruments have an aura about them. Some of them are truly special, and you can feel it as soon as it touches your hands. $20k is great and all, but damn they must've been hot about that.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
It was like 100 years old or so, and was on loan from the Martin museum. I don't think he knew anything about it (or vintage guitars in general), and they had multiple guitars to smash for that scene so he thought it was good to go for what he needed to do.

Don't remember the model or price it was worth, but it is irreplaceable. Big fuck up to destroy a piece of history. I think Martin released a statement after saying that they will no longer loan guitars from their museum for any reason.
Now you say it, I recall all of this.