Igor Vovchanchyn Pic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Shitdog posted an article about him today and then I went down a rabbit hole finding out what he's been up to. Turns out he runs a restaurant. Here's the most recent pic I could find of him. Look at those mits!

Try wearing a yelp shirt and being a cunt in this restaurant.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Shitdog posted an article about him today and then I went down a rabbit hole finding out what he's been up to. Turns out he runs a restaurant. Here's the most recent pic I could find of him. Look at those mits!

Woah.
Those hands can sell Hamburger Helper!

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Woah.
Those hands can sell Hamburger Helper!

His hands are why he doesn't fight anymore. He broke them too many times (not surprising considering that ridiculous punching power in a 190lb frame, let alone the angles of the Russian hooks). Right before Pride sold they had him matched up with Vanderlei, but UFC scrapped it after the purchase. That would have been a badass fight.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
His hands are why he doesn't fight anymore. He broke them too many times (not surprising considering that ridiculous punching power in a 190lb frame, let alone the angles of the Russian hooks). Right before Pride sold they had him matched up with Vanderlei, but UFC scrapped it after the purchase. That would have been a badass fight.
Both throwing widow makers for sure.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
"The food is horrible. The atmosphere is worse. The wait staff is inattentive except for one of them that actually spat on my shoe. I was also mugged in the bathroom and they took all of my money. 5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommend. Will dine again. Or my children will apparently die."

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Thumb tilted 45 degrees down. So awkward, yet so devistating. Fedor throws that same punch. Vovchanchyn and Fedor are apparently really good friends too. It would be interesting to hang out with them. I'd imagine stoic faces, very limited talking. Great times had by all.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I remember watching the IPKL event. I bought it on dvd back in the day. Bas was one of the commentators and didn't knkw who vovchanchyn was, and he kept referring to him as "that igor guy." By the end of the night he knew who he was.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I remember watching the IPKL event. I bought it on dvd back in the day. Bas was one of the commentators and didn't knkw who vovchanchyn was, and he kept referring to him as "that igor guy." By the end of the night he knew who he was.
I had a bootleg video of that...probably off the DVD

Igor is a mans man...a throwback fighter

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I had a bootleg video of that...probably off the DVD

Igor is a mans man...a throwback fighter
Agreed.

Also Bas had a hilarious line when a groin strike landed. One of the announcers said something diplomatic like "low blow" and Bas acknowledges by saying "yes, he was kicked in the balls."

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Agreed.

Also Bas had a hilarious line when a groin strike landed. One of the announcers said something diplomatic like "low blow" and Bas acknowledges by saying "yes, he was kicked in the balls."
IDK what anyone says...nobody does color analysis like the Bas Man

He sees all the angles and is hilarious, plus he did it all in the ring also

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
IDK what anyone says...nobody does color analysis like the Bas Man

He sees all the angles and is hilarious, plus he did it all in the ring also
Fuck yeah. Great personality, hilarious, amd extremely knowledgeable. He and quadros were an awesome duo. I could have done without the Canadian guy they brought in, but he grew on me.

M

member 603

I was living there after my son was born there, me and his mom went out to dinner at an event that she was invited to, turned out the chef was him, I kept staring and asked if she knew who he was.... She said that he was a former fighter turned chef, I went and spoke with him, he was SUPER amazing, one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I was living there after my son was born there, me and his mom went out to dinner at an event that she was invited to, turned out the chef was him, I kept staring and asked if she knew who he was.... She said that he was a former fighter turned chef, I went and spoke with him, he was SUPER amazing, one of my favorite fighters of all time.
Did you speak ukrainian, Russian or english with him? What city was the restaurant in? Anything to elaborate on your convo with him? Like something he said that was either hilarious, or something that stood out? I've always been intrigued by his personality since he said very little in interviews, so I have no idea what the guy is like (similar to fedor).

M

member 603

Did you speak ukrainian, Russian or english with him? What city was the restaurant in? Anything to elaborate on your convo with him? Like something he said that was either hilarious, or something that stood out? I've always been intrigued by his personality since he said very little in interviews, so I have no idea what the guy is like (similar to fedor).
My Russian was/is awful (my 8 year old son is fluent in both). My not wife (should've married her) played my translator.... I just mentioned that I was a huge fan, I trained BJJ under Royce and one of his BB's, said that his Pride fights were legendary, and that's really it. He was extremely gracious and kind, talked with her for a bit (she is a former prima in the National Ukrainian dance company, and her father was high level military), that's really it.... Whole conversation was about 5 minutes.

M

member 603

I do have a funny story about him from my coach though..... My coach Jon was with Royce for one of his Pride fights back in the day, and backstage in the catering area, they had tables set up all the fighters (and their teams) to eat. Well Royce, Jon, and the rest of Royce's team walk in and see Igor at his table..... This is height of his basically "killing guys with KO's" Igor..... Well in a hazing way, one of the Gracie team tells my coach Jon that he has to go over to Igor and tell him that he has to move from the table because it was the Gracie Team table, Jon is like "Are you fucking kidding me? That guy will kill me". They were like "sorry, you gotta go do it, Royce needs to eat now". So Jon walks up to Igor (who speaks NO English) and tries telling him that he has to move.... Apparently Igor was a HUGE fan of the Gracie's, and the way it was told me is that his face lit up with a smile like "OMG, they like me and want to hang", but Jon was basically playing charades with him, telling him that he had to move.... He said that the look on Igor's face was like someone took his puppy away, as he got up and moved.... The Gracie team was behind Jon just laughing at him as he did it, knowing that he was full on scared of what Igor would do.... and he said later they ate with him eventually. I would have died LOL

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I do have a funny story about him from my coach though..... My coach Jon was with Royce for one of his Pride fights back in the day, and backstage in the catering area, they had tables set up all the fighters (and their teams) to eat. Well Royce, Jon, and the rest of Royce's team walk in and see Igor at his table..... This is height of his basically "killing guys with KO's" Igor..... Well in a hazing way, one of the Gracie team tells my coach Jon that he has to go over to Igor and tell him that he has to move from the table because it was the Gracie Team table, Jon is like "Are you fucking kidding me? That guy will kill me". They were like "sorry, you gotta go do it, Royce needs to eat now". So Jon walks up to Igor (who speaks NO English) and tries telling him that he has to move.... Apparently Igor was a HUGE fan of the Gracie's, and the way it was told me is that his face lit up with a smile like "OMG, they like me and want to hang", but Jon was basically playing charades with him, telling him that he had to move.... He said that the look on Igor's face was like someone took his puppy away, as he got up and moved.... The Gracie team was behind Jon just laughing at him as he did it, knowing that he was full on scared of what Igor would do.... and he said later they ate with him eventually. I would have died LOL
Was igor even at the grace table or was jon just told to tell him to move for shits and giggles?

M

member 603

Was igor even at the grace table or was jon just told to tell him to move for shits and giggles?
He was at the Gracie table, he didn't know.... Funny thing is that Royce wouldn't have remotely cared, they were just making Jon do it to break his balls.