IKEA Kitchen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I am getting my kitchen redone. I did the demolition myself to save money. I've got a contractor doing the install. I asked him how much I'd save if I put the cabinets and cupboards together by myself. He said $600.
Here is what just got dropped off at my house...

I can't even find the fucking instructions.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
All you need is 1 allen key to put that all together.

I see a crossword scratch lottery ticket. Did you win?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
LOL I had to put an ikea kitchen together once. Have fun with the plumbing.
I hate plumbing. I already couldn't find the shut off valve when I tried to remove the old fridge. I had to reattach it and now I'm waiting for the contractor to deal with it.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I hate plumbing. I already couldn't find the shut off valve when I tried to remove the old fridge. I had to reattach it and now I'm waiting for the contractor to deal with it.
Sorry bro ive got no advice for you unless maybe if you post a pic of the finished kitchen.

All I remember is stabbing the door frame with a screwdriver in frustration.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Check under your sink for a 1/2" flexible line or something similar. If not then perhaps one ahead of your hot water tank that'll shut off the whole house.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Check under your sink for a 1/2" flexible line or something similar. If not then perhaps one ahead of your hot water tank that'll shut off the whole house.
I know the line you're talking about and I found it, but it's a dead line. The people who owned the house before me were shitty DIYers and I'm afraid they drywalled over it or something crazy.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I know the line you're talking about and I found it, but it's a dead line. The people who owned the house before me were shitty DIYers and I'm afraid they drywalled over it or something crazy.
More likely they just didn't add in a shut off there. If nobody is shitting go kill the main coming in and be a man for once. You get one of those cool pot fillers? Seem wierd at first but surprisingly handy to have.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
We've had a few Christmas miracles on this site already. How about a bunch of you guys show up at my house and help me out?!?
I'll put on a pot of Chilli. We can crank up the furnace, strip down to our underwear and snap each other with towels while we work!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We've had a few Christmas miracles on this site already. How about a bunch of you guys show up at my house and help me out?!?
I'll put on a pot of Chilli. We can crank up the furnace, strip down to our underwear and snap each other with towels while we work!
I was onboard until I read work. Is your wife/partner home?

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I don't know anything about setting up an Ikea kitchen. I guess I know a bit about full extension drawer slides, euro hinges, ect. My new career is selling shit to build kitchens so I can sort of help. Not really though, I'm stupid.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
More likely they just didn't add in a shut off there. If nobody is shitting go kill the main coming in and be a man for once.
Actually did this last week. Faucet was dripping and when my house was built they installed exactly 0 shut off valves.

You get one of those cool pot fillers? Seem wierd at first but surprisingly handy to have.
Seriously considering putting one in. Seems like a nice convenient item to have.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
I am getting my kitchen redone. I did the demolition myself to save money. I've got a contractor doing the install. I asked him how much I'd save if I put the cabinets and cupboards together by myself. He said $600.
Here is what just got dropped off at my house...

I can't even find the fucking instructions.
How much is your spare time worth?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I feel your pain man, I put an IKEA kitchen in several years ago. It's a pain in the ass, but it isn't too hard.

If you end up putting in a shut off valve for the fridge, pay the extra few bucks and get the ball valve style. I've redone both bathrooms and my kitchen in this house, and it was previously equipped with the older gate style valves. None were leaking before, but everyone of those things started leaking as soon as I messed with them. I changed evey valve in my house to ball valve style shut offs. Totally worth the extra few bucks.

Good luck dude, hope you have plenty of beer.