I'll try to cure your vehicle ailments. Ask here...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I spent about an hour getting that fucking connection apart. I hate electrical connections on cars. HATE THEM. Hard to get to, and they put these stupid fucking locks on them. Assholes. Anyway - that's what I was going to do but then I found out my tester isn't working anymore. FML. I can bring one home tomorrow from work.

My beer intake is starting to outpace my judgement. I'm thinking about hooking the hot wire to the clutch directly to the battery. But I don't want to fry anything. 3 more beers and I'm doing it - guaranteed. :)

You are a nurse. Why you always diagnosing my car issues? It's impressive. :D
Nursing, car repair... It's all a form of diagnostic work.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
So go white wire to red post on battery?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ignore the severed hose. I determined it wasn't necessary a few years ago on a different repair.

I just opened a bottle of Guinness with a can of PB Blaster. Shit's getting real.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
They are dirty as fuck, but one is black and one looks to be green & yellow. Definitely 2 toned.
Ok, plug them in so you have a ground. You will have to cut a piece of shielding off the two toned ( or use a push pin to poke a hole) and touch a piece of jump wire to it from battery post.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
LOL @ that thing saying the compressor/clutch is on the lower left part of the engine on the 5.7

They should have just said "good fucking luck if you have any sort of forearms". Assholes.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ok, plug them in so you have a ground. You will have to cut a piece of shielding off the two toned ( or use a push pin to poke a hole) and touch a piece of jump wire to it from battery post.
Huh?

So...white wire to red battery post? I was just going to hold it on there by hand. I call that the hillbilly jump.

I don't have time for push pins and cutting the shielding. I still have to put the air intake back together and I'm running out of daylight. Plus I'm getting hungry.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Huh?

So...white wire to red battery post? I was just going to hold it on there by hand. I call that the hillbilly jump.

I don't have time for push pins and cutting the shielding. I still have to put the air intake back together and I'm running out of daylight. Plus I'm getting hungry.
Um, noooooo.

Just use testing light tomorrow. Lol

Did you check the fuse?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Huh?

The two tone is the wire you want juice to. But you gotta have a ground in play. That's why I said plug it back up. Then you need a hole through wire cover (the two toned one) to get fire in there.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The two tone is the wire you want juice to. But you gotta have a ground in play. That's why I said plug it back up. Then you need a hole through wire cover (the two toned one) to get fire in there.
I feel like I'm talking to Marisa Tomei from My Cousin Vinny. I hope you don't mind that I've applied her accent from that movie to your posts. :D

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 5.7 Hemi.
AC isn't cooling.

Compressor clutch won't engage. I'd like to jump power to it to see if the compressor is actually working and it's the clutch or a relay that's my issue.

I know you can sometimes force it to come on by using a paperclip at the fuse box, but I can't find anything on the internet that tells me exactly what to jump.

Edit : I already tried to jump the relay for the AC Clutch with the Horn. That isn't the issue.
Compressor clutches run off of "Rules of Engagement". Check if you're getting power at pin 1 on the compressor. If yes, make sure there isn't also power on pin 2. If there is, then you have a bad ground. If you aren't getting power to it, it could be a number or things. First thing is to check if the relay is clicking when you turn the AC on. What I would then do, is check the continuity of wire C3, which is the one going to pin one and should be dark blue and yellow. You need to disconnect the bulkhead connector. Wire C3 should be pin 15 on that. Run a continuity check by placing a probe there and back on pin 1 of the clutch connector. You can do the same for the other side of the bulkhead connector and check continuity for wire C3 from there to the PDC. Place a probe at the connector. Go to the PDC and remove the AC relay and see where pin 87 goes in and that's your C3 wire. If there's continuity, you can then check that same are for power. Check power at pin 30 of that relay. If there's no power, then you have to look at those rules of engagement. That could be anything from bad sensors to refrigerant pressure. I use a template at work on our computer that will let me see what all of those sensors are seeing and doing, so I probably can't be much help in the shade tree mechanic area of how to test those without a $20k computer diag subscription.