I'm getting knee surgery next week

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
How did you injure the other knee now?
Waiting on a doctor for how bad it is. But the truth is running for a bus is this current iteration.

I injured it in a minor way running over some hills whilst tired. That was recovering, then I got drunk over the Christmas period and ran for a bus and I think I've ruptured a ligament. 3 days later same pain and instability.

I've no luck. I associate my physicality directly with my personality. It seems when one goes the other goes.

I'm drinking more. Eating more. Doing less work. Earning less money. Spending more money. On and on... Etc.

Downers for me don't get bigger than this. Nobody gets why neither. They all think getting injured means more time just resting. I hate resting. I've been resting for weeks. People in the UK are lazy fucks. I'm not lazy.

I've written and deleted lots of things. Honesty post rating 1000. Hate at your leisure.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
I'm just seeing this thread for the first time, but hang in there. Two torn ACLs for this guy:

but he still climbed back in the saddle and accomplished some shit.

Sure, he also has access to the absolute best care, expertise, gear and whatever, but you're not aspiring to be a UFC champion anyway, are you?

One day at a time. One step at a time. There is only one way back. Namaste!

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I'm just seeing this thread for the first time, but hang in there. Two torn ACLs for this guy:

but he still climbed back in the saddle and accomplished some shit.

Sure, he also has access to the absolute best care, expertise, gear and whatever, but you're not aspiring to be a UFC champion anyway, are you?

One day at a time. One step at a time. There is only one way back. Namaste!
Thanks man. Problems of injuriesiare easy for non athletic people. My blessed wife doesn't understand. Her family wouldn't run from a fire.

She won't workout on the weekend... Because... That's work isn't it?

I live for it. This one is different. I usually feel fine to rest up and recover. I think this one will be another year. That's my 27-31 just waiting for my knees to be right.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Waiting on a doctor for how bad it is. But the truth is running for a bus is this current iteration.

I injured it in a minor way running over some hills whilst tired. That was recovering, then I got drunk over the Christmas period and ran for a bus and I think I've ruptured a ligament. 3 days later same pain and instability.

I've no luck. I associate my physicality directly with my personality. It seems when one goes the other goes.

I'm drinking more. Eating more. Doing less work. Earning less money. Spending more money. On and on... Etc.

Downers for me don't get bigger than this. Nobody gets why neither. They all think getting injured means more time just resting. I hate resting. I've been resting for weeks. People in the UK are lazy fucks. I'm not lazy.

I've written and deleted lots of things. Honesty post rating 1000. Hate at your leisure.
Great post buddy,

Shitty deal benjo0101 @benjo0101 sounds like your hitting a rough patch in life, working out especially running helps curb those depressive thoughts but if your knees are jacked up obviously it’s going to be hard to stay active like you want to...hopefully the injury isn’t as serious as your thinking ...while your on the mend maybe try cutting out the booze and work on eating healthy foods / greens / fruits and try to get the mind back into a positive state.

This summer I completely tore my meniscus in my left knee and tore my plantar fascia in my right foot ...had troubles walking for months ...scheduled a surgery for he day after Christmas but said Fuck it / I’ll heal myself and Save some money doing it.....i focused on cutting out booze eating healthy / that helped me drop weight then started stretching and slowly running again at a snails pace like 11 minute miles...gradually increasing distance / speed.

That’s my little story to somewhat relate to yours ..biggest thing is to get your mind right - positive thoughts and shit ...eat right - feel right!

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Great post buddy,

Shitty deal benjo0101 @benjo0101 sounds like your hitting a rough patch in life, working out especially running helps curb those depressive thoughts but if your knees are jacked up obviously it’s going to be hard to stay active like you want to...hopefully the injury isn’t as serious as your thinking ...while your on the mend maybe try cutting out the booze and work on eating healthy foods / greens / fruits and try to get the mind back into a positive state.

This summer I completely tore my meniscus in my left knee and tore my plantar fascia in my right foot ...had troubles walking for months ...scheduled a surgery for he day after Christmas but said Fuck it / I’ll heal myself and Save some money doing it.....i focused on cutting out booze eating healthy / that helped me drop weight then started stretching and slowly running again at a snails pace like 11 minute miles...gradually increasing distance / speed.

That’s my little story to somewhat relate to yours ..biggest thing is to get your mind right - positive thoughts and shit ...eat right - feel right!
Thanks man. I really appreciate hearing that story right now. With it being the holidays the pressure to eat shit and booze is mega bad. Not sure I like it anymore now I'm older.

Maybe when I go back to eating well in the new year I'll see positive changes again...

Appreciate it

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Great post buddy,

Well not that you're necessarily looking for an update, but it makes me feel better.

I'm not drinking. I'm eating healthy. Back to work. Back to routine. Training again. My knee is feeling better. I feel more myself and I've slept more in the last three days than in the last 3 weeks. Life is a mother fucker.

Hopefully keep it going this year. Learn from my mistakes. Rode my bike hard today and it felt better than ever. Just need to be mature and take it slow.

Thanks for your responses over the holidays. Really needed a normal perspective. Can't say how much it helped...

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Well not that you're necessarily looking for an update, but it makes me feel better.

I'm not drinking. I'm eating healthy. Back to work. Back to routine. Training again. My knee is feeling better. I feel more myself and I've slept more in the last three days than in the last 3 weeks. Life is a mother fucker.

Hopefully keep it going this year. Learn from my mistakes. Rode my bike hard today and it felt better than ever. Just need to be mature and take it slow.

Thanks for your responses over the holidays. Really needed a normal perspective. Can't say how much it helped...
Great work! Keep it up benjo0101 @benjo0101
Keep the mind clear, keep it sharp - working out is going to help you a lot.

That’s the thing about life..we all have our ups and downs, we all hit rock bottom at some point .. but we get up and Keep moving.....the important thing about the climb back up though is that we stay aware of what brought us down ...we learn from those mistakes and try to prevent them from bringing us down again.

Thanks for the update buddy...keep me posted!!

Life’s not a sprint but a marathon ..slow and steady wins the race ...take it easy and set your own pace!

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016

That’s the thing about life..we all have our ups and downs, we all hit rock bottom at some point .. but we get up and Keep moving.....the important thing about the climb back up though is that we stay aware of what brought us down ...we learn from those mistakes and try to prevent them from bringing us down again.

Life’s not a sprint but a marathon ..slow and steady wins the race ...take it easy and set your own pace!

I've got a better understanding of the bottom and top than most. The D word sits long in my history.

I once had a coach that told me to just pull myself together and cheer up, go watch a comedy video on YouTube or something... He misunderstood me and many.

I'll report back. Be keen to have updates from others if they're out there, and yourself .You've got a great story and something to inspire people like me

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016

Thanks so much

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Seeing some progress. Hit some good numbers last week with little or no discomfort.

Just need to sleep more and I will be getting there.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
How's the knee coming along, champ? Pretty close to 100% yet?
Thanks for asking... :)

Getting there. Definitely getting there. With work I'm struggling to cycle as much as I'd like but my swimming numbers are great and I'm running 3 miles pain free once a week. It certainly isn't there yet but this is the best I've felt in years.

Need to keep it easy and not go mental with it... Which I normally do...