I'm glad BJ fought Yair

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Hear me out.

Of course I'm not happy with the outcome, and hind sight being 20/20, he should have taken an easier fight.

But that's not who he is, and his attitude about fighting is one of the reasons he's so loved.

BJ has always been a risk taker, and that helped him achieve the impossible. No American had ever won the World Jiu Jitsu Championship, especially after only training for so little. So he said fuck it and went and took gold.

He was simultaneously ranked #1 in both LW and WW divisions, because when he probably should have sought fights with guys his own size, he said fuck it and went and choked out Matt Hughes, when Matt was wrecking all WW's that had been in his way before BJ.

He's never taken the easy fight, or a fight he was 100% sure he could win. He always tested himself, and this was no different. It didn't work out, but goddamn you have to be in awe of his heart, determination, and overall attitude about fighting.

JUST SCRAP.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I agree, he took any fight and didn't hide from anyone........you have to give respect to him

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I just bad for his poor foresrms...them things were catching HEAT

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
Hear me out.

Of course I'm not happy with the outcome, and hind sight being 20/20, he should have taken an easier fight.

But that's not who he is, and his attitude about fighting is one of the reasons he's so loved.

BJ has always been a risk taker, and that helped him achieve the impossible. No American had ever won the World Jiu Jitsu Championship, especially after only training for so little. So he said fuck it and went and took gold.

He was simultaneously ranked #1 in both LW and WW divisions, because when he probably should have sought fights with guys his own size, he said fuck it and went and choked out Matt Hughes, when Matt was wrecking all WW's that had been in his way before BJ.

He's never taken the easy fight, or a fight he was 100% sure he could win. He always tested himself, and this was no different. It didn't work out, but goddamn you have to be in awe of his heart, determination, and overall attitude about fighting.

JUST SCRAP.

HECK YES! Agree with all that.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Great post. It was tough to watch, but you can't fault the guy for wanting to get in there one last time to do what he loves most.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Agreed 100%, everybody else would have fought some other old dude with a big name or something, BJ went out there to test himself truly no matter what.