I'm going to build a biltong box

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I added a hotter bulb and it made a big difference. Biltong was amazing. Chilled it in the fridge before serving and it really was something else.

I've just put in 5lbs of beef and 2 duck breasts. I used more spice. We'll see how it turns out.

Subjective reviews: one of my friends is from South Africa and is the guy with the first box. He said the lamb tastes very similar to the beef. I said the same thing. It's just dried meat.

Another friend had not had biltong before. He said it was incredible. He said the lamb tastes very different but the fat has a weird texture. It is definitely more fatty.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Chilled it in the fridge before serving and it really was something else.
Wish I had thought to mention this. A friend of mine made jerky a few weeks back (fresh Canada Goose meat) and out of habit I threw it in the fridge. Changed the flavor quite a bit, luckily it was a change for the good.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
The duck looked just like beef but wasn't great. The texture of raw bird was hard to palate. I'll stick with beef

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Well the little bit I tried out of the oven last night was pretty good. It looks like pieces of a shredded tire, but oh well. I won't really have a strong opinion on it until later today. I'll let you guys know.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Sorry. I'm uneducated on this. What the hell is a biltong box?