I'm half way through a two week weight cut, anyone interested in info?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Started at 68/69kg, 150-152lbs. Going down to 61.5kg, 136lbs. Planning to do it mainly with diet, might have an active water cut at the very end. I'm down to 65kg, 143lbs. Might not be of any interest but happy to answer questions.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Trying to lose 0.4kg per day by eating under 1,000 kcal. Typical day is 100g nuts and some fruit for lunch, small steak with fruit/veg for dinner. Bit more fruit on training days.

The biggest tool is that I map out my morning and evening weight targets for every day, which helps keep me on track.

I've tried cutting more quickly but this is the most tolerable.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Yes, jiujitsu match on Saturday. They give a day before weigh in and in my experience, people cut. And I just thought it would be interesting to keep my hand in with the practice.
I always felt better competing after a weight cut. Like it made me more aggressive and focused. The times I didn't cut any weight I didnt do very well.

Is this a tournament?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I always felt better competing after a weight cut. Like it made me more aggressive and focused. The times I didn't cut any weight I didnt do very well.

Is this a tournament?
It is but only one other guy has entered

Gfarita

Lurker
Feb 17, 2023
It's great that you're making progress towards your goal weight through dieting. It's important to remember to do it in a healthy and sustainable way, so it's great that you're considering an active water cut only at the very end if needed. Can you share more about your diet plan and how you're tracking your progress? Are you working with a healthcare professional or nutritionist?

Last edited:

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
This is really great you are working on this weight loss journey is really tough I hope this one work for you. I just only suggest you take a lot of water. It makes your journey easier and more effective. Please also share the diet plan of your progress and tell us about your routine.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Weight cutting is the practice of fast weight loss prior to a sporting competition. It most frequently happens in order to qualify for a lower weight class or in sports where it is advantageous to weigh as little as possible.