General I'm moving far away due to the BS Covid controls.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
1 question for everyone moving to "the woods" or remote parts of Oz: what happens when you need medical care for an illness or injury?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
my wife and I, who have managed to keep out of each other's way fot the most part up until now, will suddenly be together in a smaller house, with nothing much to do except spend time with each other. I actually shudder when I think of that
Really?

If you don't enjoy her company, why are you married to her?

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
how come you can't swim in the water
Depending on which beach and which time of year, sharks or poisonous jellyfish.

You also have all sorts of deadly sea shells, stonefish, octopi etc. So you have to pay attention.

For instance, this little thing can kill you in less than ten minutes. Your muscles seize up, including your chest muscles so you can't inflate your lungs. You can't inhale air or swim to the surface if you're in the water. There's no antidote for its venom.

??

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Depending on which beach and which time of year, sharks or poisonous jellyfish.

You also have all sorts of deadly sea shells, stonefish, octopi etc. So you have to pay attention.

For instance, this little thing can kill you in less than ten minutes. Your muscles seize up, including your chest muscles so you can't inflate your lungs. You can't inhale air or swim to the surface if you're in the water. There's no antidote for its venom.

??
so the guy in this pic is dead now? I assumed its gender could be a hairy woman.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
so they guy in this pic is dead now? I assumed its gender could be a hairy woman.
:smile:

I remember awhile ago, a couple of tourists went viral by filming a video where they are "playing" with one when they had no idea what it was. It displays its blue rings when it feels threatened/annoyed. Don't know why it didn't bite them, they were lucky I guess.

Still not as scary as stonefish, though.

Don't step on this thing that's just sitting on the seabed near the shore - it'll kill you for that, via pain overload/paralysis. Apparently it's pretty close to the worst pain you can feel. Although if you're not in an isolated area, there is antivenom for it. Still, though......

Although the one I always feared the most was the jellyfish, because they're fucking everywhere. You can have a clear bay, and then 10 minutes later it's full of hundreds of the fuckers. A box jellyfish sting is apparently even more painful than a stonefish sting, and their tendrils will leave lifelong (awesome) scars even from just brushing against you. But if you swim through them, they'll stick to you and how much do you reckon that hurts?

??

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
1 question for everyone moving to "the woods" or remote parts of Oz: what happens when you need medical care for an illness or injury?
We try to ride kangaroos to the only hospital in the country - it's really more of a shack where a witch doctor throws you into a pit of leeches, burns you with hot coals, or if you're lucky he'll just perform an exorcism - but usually we die of polio before we can get there.