General I'm moving far away due to the BS Covid controls.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
This is going to end in heartache. Stay put.
I'd normally give your comments some thought until you tagged me in a political thread...I'd ignore you but that would be weak...I also like you...Don't ever tag me in politics again thanks.

Regards Mike

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I hate the beach so that sounds awful. I would prefer the lake, ideally one in or near the mountains. You should move to a place like that. Oh, and have a guest room ready for me.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'd normally give your comments some thought until you tagged me in a political thread...I'd ignore you but that would be weak...I also like you...Don't ever tag me in politics again thanks.

Regards Mike
You invited it by commenting on US politics. Feel free to ignore.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
This is going to end in heartache. Stay put.

I know what you mean. I have had a few friends over the years that have done the big move to North Queensland, thinking that it would be the answer to their dreams, only to see them return to my Southern city with their tail between their legs less than a year later.

"My wife hated it because she'd lost all her friends and contact with her Mom"

"The humidity was much worse than we expected"

"There's nothing to do, no culture, no major sports games, no concerts"

Plus the fact that my wife and I, who have managed to keep out of each other's way fot the most part up until now, will suddenly be together in a smaller house, with nothing much to do except spend time with each other. I actually shudder when I think of that, but it probably won't be that bad. At least I will have a big shed that I can hide in. I do worry however that this is the beginning of a chain reaction that will destroy my life, but what can you do? Stay in Covidville with all of the restrictions of a big city, or try to get as far way as possible from it?

I took another look at the house today online and it always puts a smile on my face. When I finally get there in March, I will post a picture of me smoking a cigar from my pool, ala Scarface.

This is my humble pool. Not an Olympic pool, but enough for what I want.

pool1.jpg

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I live in small rural town but still wish I had my own remote property. Away from the few society restrictions I have.

I say if you feel it was the right choice trust it.

You did what many are doing so don't beat your self up.

Commit. And see what life lays ahead.

Remember a house doesn't make a home. Only a family does.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I live in small rural town but still wish I had my own remote property. Away from the few society restrictions I have.

I say if you feel it was the right choice trust it.

You did what many are doing so don't beat your self up.

Commit. And see what life lays ahead.

Rember a house doesn't make a home. Only a family does.

Great post.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I know what you mean. I have had a few friends over the years that have done the big move to North Queensland, thinking that it would be the answer to their dreams, only to see them return to my Southern city with their tail between their legs less than a year later.

"My wife hated it because she'd lost all her friends and contact with her Mom"

"The humidity was much worse than we expected"

"There's nothing to do, no culture, no major sports games, no concerts"

Plus the fact that my wife and I, who have managed to keep out of each other's way fot the most part up until now, will suddenly be together in a smaller house, with nothing much to do except spend time with each other. I actually shudder when I think of that, but it probably won't be that bad. At least I will have a big shed that I can hide in. I do worry however that this is the beginning of a chain reaction that will destroy my life, but what can you do? Stay in Covidville with all of the restrictions of a big city, or try to get as far way as possible from it?

I took another look at the house today online and it always puts a smile on my face. When I finally get there in March, I will post a picture of me smoking a cigar from my pool, ala Scarface.

This is my humble pool. Not an Olympic pool, but enough for what I want.

View attachment 23252
I feel you. I'm also in the middle of a major upheaval moving from a major city out to the sticks, albeit for different reasons. With luck, both our lives will work out for the best and we'll be able to say it was worth it in a year. It's risky, but I wish you good fortune.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I feel you. I'm also in the middle of a major upheaval moving from a major city out to the sticks, albeit for different reasons. With luck, both our lives will work out for the best and we'll be able to say it was worth it in a year. It's risky, but I wish you good fortune.
Oh you're moving to the sticks? Have you decided what you will start to hunt and/or fish for?

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Thanks and same to you.

So, I take possession of the place in early January, and I've just transferred a 20% down payment to my solicitors, the bank will loan me the balance until I sell my current home and pay them out. Shit just got very real and I'm still questioning my decision for some reason.

I think the truth is that I didn't realize how settled I was in my current environment, and now that we're out of winter in Australia and Covid has virtually gone away, so we aren't prisoners in our home, or forced to wear a mask in public, it's quite liveable again.

Something tells me that when the colder weather returns, and they start pulling lockdowns again in the major cities, I will be very happy with my decision.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I came back to the UK two weeks ago. Now the world has cut us off.

I look at this as a positive. When covid fucks off England will need to assert it's dominance. I hope we start with France.