'I'm so sorry' - Conor McGregor's ex-trainer begs forgiveness from family for fatal punch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Happens more than people think. I also knew a guy in a similar situation. He got in a fight with his neighbor. Hit him one time. He thought he knocked the guy out then he took his kids to King's Island only to find out the guy actually hit his head and died.
Brutal. Imagine sitting in prison for years, thinking about how things would have been different if you would have just showed some self control for those few seconds that led up to the confrontation.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Probably means they're investigating and he will likely be charged when it's complete. Why they aren't holding him in the meantime, I can't comment. I don't know how the system works in Ireland.
We have very loose bail, a dude like him wouldn't be held. It's actually a real problem because they bail hardcore scumbags too.

Edit- Sure he hasn't even been charged so no bail my bad.

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
I have never understood getting physical. It's not worth it, but it seems that nobody shares that sentiment.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This is the exact reason I refuse to fight unless it is 100% necessary.
I usually let people swing on me first , its a good way to avoid an assault and battery charge ,my cousin did a month at two towers for punching first in a fight last year,lost his job.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
His name's Paddy and he works at the Guinness s factory... Lol

I wonder if 80% of Irish women are calling their husbands to make sure it's not their man after reading that.

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
I usually let people swing on me first , its a good way to avoid an assault and battery charge ,my cousin did a month at two towers for punching first in a fight last year,lost his job.
After a while, it becomes extremely tiring being a punching bag. And, as you see, all it takes is one cheap shot to die, then the worst that happens to the perpetrator is 5 years in prison. You're dead, they get 5 years. Fair?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
After a while, it becomes extremely tiring being a punching bag. And, as you see, all it takes is one cheap shot to die, then the worst that happens to the perpetrator is 5 years in prison. You're dead, they get 5 years. Fair?
My fight strategy comes from boxing since I was about 8 I can usually avoid people connecting with punches so I let me aggressor start the fight or avoid the fight if I can. I understand your point about needing to swing first though as it can be vital to survival ,but I don't because LBPD and courts will go after me hard. seen it happen a lot.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This is a sad story but lol at this sentence "Guinness worker Paddy" it would be like if a Corona beer worker was named "Corona worker Beaner"

Tom O'Bedlam

Resident loon.
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Even then, many states have something along the lines of "appropriate response" which basically says if someone attacks you and your response is too severe then you lose protection of self defense.

Tom O'Bedlam

Resident loon.
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
All right, this thread has a lack of puns.

This tragedy hit that guy really hard.

Not sure if he will bounce back.