General I'm watching someone get evicted

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
How many months have to go by without rent before you can file? Thats the expensive part. The state doesnt care how much rent was paid when property tax is due
Good point. A friend told me that you can file the eviction as soon as they are late for a payment. I try to give the benefit of a doubt and give them 3 months before I file, but that is a bad idea. They don't get caught back up and once the papers are filed they usually stop trying and just wait it out. They can easily get another 3 months for free while waiting for the court date and final notice.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Good point. A friend told me that you can file the eviction as soon as they are late for a payment. I try to give the benefit of a doubt and give them 3 months before I file, but that is a bad idea. They don't get caught back up and once the papers are filed they usually stop trying and just wait it out. They can easily get another 3 months for free while waiting for the court date and final notice.
You have anyplace to rent now? I can use a good 6 months of free rent

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
seems like all those no eviction covid orders or laws or whatever they were are bs. I didn't believe it from day one so I saved/allocated all my money and prepared to pay bills. I think this will be the next disaster and civil unrest a lot of people here are looking at eviction you can also add on to their problems that insurance didn't cover all their covid treatment so they owe between 3 to 12 grand for tests and scans.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
seems like all those no eviction covid orders or laws or whatever they were are bs. I didn't believe it from day one so I saved/allocated all my money and prepared to pay bills. I think this will be the next disaster and civil unrest a lot of people here are looking at eviction you can also add on to their problems that insurance didn't cover all their covid treatment so they owe between 3 to 12 grand for tests and scans.
I think we're going to have a mortgage crisis around these parts. The government asked the banks to allow people to divert up to 6 months o mortgage payments, but the people are still paying the due interest, so really all that's happening is your extending your mortgage by 6 months are a higher rate. Oh, and they count as missed mortgage payments on your credit record.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think we're going to have a mortgage crisis around these parts. The government asked the banks to allow people to divert up to 6 months o mortgage payments, but the people are still paying the due interest, so really all that's happening is your extending your mortgage by 6 months are a higher rate. Oh, and they count as missed mortgage payments on your credit record.
Thats some horrrrrrse shit. How are you going to allow people to do that, then hit them on their credit score.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Thats some horrrrrrse shit. How are you going to allow people to do that, then hit them on their credit score.
To fe fair, it's not really the banks' fault. Credit ratings are pass/fail. You either make a payment on time, or don't. There's no third "There's a pandemic so I'm out fo work" option.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
To fe fair, it's not really the banks' fault. Credit ratings are pass/fail. You either make a payment on time, or don't. There's no third "There's a pandemic so I'm out fo work" option.
I am of the opinion, unless my uncle George corrects my opinion, that if you are allowing people to defer in that manner, then they are still paying on time because you agreed to let them postpone 6 months of payments. If they don't pay when the 6 month grace period is up then that sucks, but it should be marked as late.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I am of the opinion, unless my uncle George corrects my opinion, that if you are allowing people to defer in that manner, than they are still paying on time because you agreed to let them postpone 6 months of payments. If they don't pay when the 6 month grace period is up then that sucks, but it should be marked as late.
Make no mistake, the whole thing is Fucksville, but people did agree to make payments that they aren't making.

Personally, I said at the outset they should pay everyone here that works $1k a week to stay at home for 3 weeks. The general opinion was "WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET THAT MONEY BUT TAXES!?!?!?!?" Since then we've spent more than 3 times what that would have cost us.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Make no mistake, the whole thing is Fucksville, but people did agree to make payments that they aren't making.

Personally, I said at the outset they should pay everyone here that works $1k a week to stay at home for 3 weeks. The general opinion was "WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET THAT MONEY BUT TAXES!?!?!?!?" Since then we've spent more than 3 times what that would have cost us.
Yea, it's a tough situation for sure, I'm not 100% sure on what the correct answer is in terms of how the situation as a whole should be handled.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yea, it's a tough situation for sure, I'm not 100% sure on what the correct answer is in terms of how the situation as a whole should be handled.
As a general rule. I don't like "big government". In this case it's the government who needs/needed people to not be working. If you tell someone they can't work, you have an obligation to deal with the consequences of that action. It's not advocating for big government, it's advocating for personal responsibility.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
As a general rule. I don't like "big government". In this case it's the government who needs/needed people to not be working. If you tell someone they can't work, you have an obligation to deal with the consequences of that action. It's not advocating for big government, it's advocating for personal responsibility.
Yea I think that's part of it, and I agree with you. I guess what I meant is there are a lot more details to fill in a broad plan like that and I haven't thought through all of that.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yea I think that's part of it, and I agree with you. I guess what I meant is there are a lot more details to fill in a broad plan like that and I haven't thought through all of that.
Government knows what you make each year. Tell people to stay home, and start cutting those checks. It doesn't need to be anymore complicated than that. If you've been not paying your taxes, or you're one of those rich dudes not paying taxes because you use tax breaks to make it look like you don't make any money, guess what? Here comes that personal responsibility thing again.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Government knows what you make each year. Tell people to stay home, and start cutting those checks. It doesn't need to be anymore complicated than that. If you've been not paying your taxes, or you're one of those rich dudes not paying taxes because you use tax breaks to make it look like you don't make any money, guess what? Here comes that personal responsibility thing again.
Isn't using tax breaks the responsible thing to do for you and your family? I never understood why people get upset at others for using tax breaks, get mad at the people who make the laws, not the people working within the box set by the laws.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Isn't using tax breaks the responsible thing to do for you and your family? I never understood why people get upset at others for using tax breaks, get mad at the people who make the laws, not the people working within the box set by the laws.
There's a couple layers to it. I don't know about your side of the invisible line, but the way the tax code is written here, it's really only people who make fucktons of cash that are actually able to take advantage of those tax breaks. Sure poor and middle class people are entitled to the same tax breaks, but for them to see any return they're going to have to give up some luxury items like rent and food. So it's not exactly a level playing field in that regard. The other thing to keep in mind, is the type of person who is maximizing their tax breaks, also isn't the type of person to be a couple paycheques away from losing their homes. So fuck im.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There's a couple layers to it. I don't know about your side of the invisible line, but the way the tax code is written here, it's really only people who make fucktons of cash that are actually able to take advantage of those tax breaks. Sure poor and middle class people are entitled to the same tax breaks, but for them to see any return they're going to have to give up some luxury items like rent and food. So it's not exactly a level playing field in that regard. The other thing to keep in mind, is the type of person who is maximizing their tax breaks, also isn't the type of person to be a couple paycheques away from losing their homes. So fuck im.
Fair take, I personally would like to get my tax burden as low as possible. I'm working to find a slightly shady tax person right now.

T

The Big Guy

The older guy came out again. He seems pissed. I'm starting to think they are this guy's parent's, and they're sick of paying his bills. Good for them.
Maybe it's a cuck thing. He was watching the old lady get nailed. The envelope had the payment. Old dudes mad because the young man didnt finish on her tits

M

member 3289

I don't know about your side of the invisible line, but the way the tax code is written here, it's really only people who make fucktons of cash that are actually able to take advantage of those tax breaks.
It works largely the same way here, but there are a few exceptions, self-employment being one of them.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It works largely the same way here, but there are a few exceptions, self-employment being one of them.
Same up here. The thing is even the middle class self employed people I know will often gross about the same amount I do, and then write off everything under the sun and make it look like they made half (or less) of what they actually did. It's legal, so if they want to do it, cool. But they're often the same ones that complain about the negatives that come with having a low income.