General I'm watching someone get evicted

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Interesting question. Certainly the property owner shouldn't have to bare the brunt of the governments decision to force businesses to close down. And neither should the tenant/worker imo. The people forcing the shutdown should pay.
What would be a more appropriate course of action? Bearing in mind America has the worst record in the world by far I'm curious as to what you think the correct course of action is.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Kind of agree. Let's play pretend for a second here, imagine lockdown carries on for a year. Does the government pay people's rent? Do landlords evict everyone who can't pay? Does the government create homeless camps for those with no income? I've lost a lot of money the past 3.5 months that In any other time in my life would've left me fucked. Not earned a penny since mid march I think, I feel for people in worse situations. At the same time the landlord needs to get paid too. But if nobody has money what do you do?
Don't sign a contract agreeing to pay if you arent going to pay. Its not like there arent jobs out there. Maybe instead of not paying call the landlord and try to work something out instead of ignoring it. Evicting someone isnt a cheap or easy thing to do so if you or landlord arent a complete shitbags I would imagine you can work something out.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Don't sign a contract agreeing to pay if you arent going to pay. Its not like there arent jobs out there. Maybe instead of not paying call the landlord and try to work something out instead of ignoring it. Evicting someone isnt a cheap or easy thing to do so if you or landlord arent a complete shitbags I would imagine you can work something out.
I'd burn the place down on my way out.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What would be a more appropriate course of action? Bearing in mind America has the worst record in the world by far I'm curious as to what you think the correct course of action is.
I just said, the people forcing the shutdown, aka the government, should pay.

M

member 3289

@Lars

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd be curious to see how it was handled in past pandemics.
Personally, I think most of the world has done a shit job. They waited too long to do anything. The riots and raves etc in America and England are hardly gonna help. I haven't made a penny since mid march. I have friends and colleagues in the same spot who have had to break lockdown to survive. Doing side jobs etc.

In the UK today I think I saw 3-4 major companies announce they are getting rid of workers, in a week or two or Whenever companies will have to start contributing to the furloughed employees so they are just firing them instead.

M

member 3289

Life is never black and white

That’s what I tell the managers to tell the peasants I mean the tenants
Remember when you spat on that pregnant single mother as she was carrying a box out of one of your units?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
It only costs $100 to file the court papers to start eviction where i live. It’s not expensive, but it is indeed a pain in the ass. The shitty renters get their day in court to dispute the fact that they owe money. Then they often don’t leave until the last possible moment. After they are gone you gotta go back to court to talk about how much is gonna be added for damages after they left. It’s all a waste of time because they never pay the rent arrears or damages. The renters have far more protection than the landlords.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It only costs $100 to file the court papers to start eviction where i live. It’s not expensive, but it is indeed a pain in the ass. The shitty renters get their day in court to dispute the fact that they owe money. Then they often don’t leave until the last possible moment. After they are gone you gotta go back to court to talk about how much is gonna be added for damages after they left. It’s all a waste of time because they never pay the rent arrears or damages. The renters have far more protection than the landlords.
How many months have to go by without rent before you can file? Thats the expensive part. The state doesnt care how much rent was paid when property tax is due