Imagine if Vince put as much effort into AJ,Balor and KO

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
As he does Reigns and Cena and Orton.

I see little to get excited about these days in wrestling. We have one of the most talent rich rosters in history and the ones being pushed are not over, we have grey area heels which by the way if this was a movie it would confuse the audience as to whom to cheer for. We have bland dull commentary and backstage interviewers ( Mauro aside) and the cookie cutter scripted promos are sucking the creativity out of the product.

If KO was allowed to flourish and be the guy from NXT or the indies he'd be number one heel in the company but the only guy who has taken the brass ring by force is the Miz right now. You may not agree but he is 100 percent heel. No comedy skits or grey area it's clear he is to be booed. That's how it should be.

If Balor was having Reigns shot at Taker you can bet fans would be going out of their minds about the demon taking on the Undertaker, the poster alone would be epic.

AJ Styles is one of if not the best wrestlers in the world right now and they put him in a gimmick match. He should be in the main event of mania he isn't a young guy. They learned nothing from Steamboat clearly.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
What's that rumor going around?

Vince doesn't want to have another Superstar like Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Taker, Lesnar.......wants Cena to be the last of these type of superstars, they become worth to much, WWE wants to keep costs down and have 100% control of the money flow that leads straight to Corporates pockets.

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Vince doesn't want to have another Superstar like Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Taker, Lesnar.......wants Cena to be the last of type of superstars, they become worth to much, WWE wants to keep costs down and have 100% control of the money flow that leads straight to Corporates pockets.
This is it, all the evidence speaks to this now.

There's no billionaire in the world that would push a product that doesn't sell, unless there was an ulterior motive like labor cost control

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I see little to get excited about these days in wrestling. We have one of the most talent rich rosters in history and the ones being pushed are not over, we have grey area heels which by the way if this was a movie it would confuse the audience as to whom to cheer for. We have bland dull commentary and backstage interviewers ( Mauro aside) and the cookie cutter scripted promos are sucking the creativity out of the product.

If KO was allowed to flourish and be the guy from NXT or the indies he'd be number one heel in the company but the only guy who has taken the brass ring by force is the Miz right now. You may not agree but he is 100 percent heel. No comedy skits or grey area it's clear he is to be booed. That's how it should be.

If Balor was having Reigns shot at Taker you can bet fans would be going out of their minds about the demon taking on the Undertaker, the poster alone would be epic.

AJ Styles is one of if not the best wrestlers in the world right now and they put him in a gimmick match. He should be in the main event of mania he isn't a young guy. They learned nothing from Steamboat clearly.
I agree with all of this, I just think it will take Vince's death and the company going in a different direction to change it. The evidence speaks to a man that wants to float or treadwater endlessly, not swim in any particular direction anymore.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

The lone issue I take with this entire paragraph is that Graves is a pretty great announcer.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Graves is ok and he will improve but when you look at guys we had in the past, guys like Heenan, Lawler, Ventura he has a long way to go especially if he has material to read and Vince in his ear the whole time.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Graves is ok and he will improve but when you look at guys we had in the past, guys like Heenan, Lawler, Ventura he has a long way to go especially if he has material to read and Vince in his ear the whole time.
I'd argue he's as good as Lawler was for most of his career. People forget that Lawler's window of greatness was extremely small.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
This is it, all the evidence speaks to this now.

There's no billionaire in the world that would push a product that doesn't sell, unless there was an ulterior motive like labor cost control

You say that but Vince has history with bodybuilding and XFL. Wrestling is the only thing he got right...and Steph * swoon*

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You say that but Vince has history with bodybuilding and XFL. Wrestling is the only thing he got right...and Steph * swoon*
No what I mean, is no billionaire would change what already sells into a knowingly or perceived losing proposition, unless they are trying to achieve a form of cost control. The other stuff (XFL, Bodybuilding) was not an established product of his, it was stuff his ego thought he could transfer its "genius" into and we saw how that went.

It's like the show vinyl essentially, cool show, great premise and subject matter, but the cost to produce it was so high vs its appeal and reach, that it could never realistically continue unless it had absurd ratings and it just didn't.

GOT (Game of Thrones) similar idea but it gets the ratings to justify it, call this a Cena, Hogan, Stone Cold etc. Vince/broadcast partners have had too many "Vinyls" with the WWE and other products so he/they are now not going to try to reach GOT level anymore as they see the risk in trying as too high now that they can compare the success rate vs the failure rate of trying or waiting for it to happen, he's going to produce and try and keep talent at a medium cost (according to the logic of cost control and comments from wrestlers/insiders, who have left the company)

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Watch the 30 for 30 on the XFL. That venture was basically sabotaged by the mainstream media from the word go.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Watch the 30 for 30 on the XFL. That venture was basically sabotaged by the mainstream media from the word go.
Which is probably true and I have to watch that doc, but Vince probably was being told it would be a problem and he ignored it thinking he was Vince and it would be enough to bulldoze through old money.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

Vince doesn't want to have another Superstar like Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Taker, Lesnar.......wants Cena to be the last of these type of superstars, they become worth to much, WWE wants to keep costs down and have 100% control of the money flow that leads straight to Corporates pockets.
That's not rumor that is fact. All those guys you mentioned held Vince up at a time in some way. He doesn't want that anymore and he can control that from happening by manipulating the pushes and keeping them at a certain level.

I went to wrestling school for a few years and it was an amazing experience. I even got brought up to a shit league to see how I would do and I did well but it wasn't the life I could see leading so I stopped. We all heard about how the politics really worked. It's fucked up.