General Impeachment inquiry launched

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
Lmao at the Impeachment Games

More than half of Americans STILL believe Bill Clinton was never impeached

M

member 3289

Lmao at the Impeachment Games

More than half of Americans STILL believe Bill Clinton was never impeached
Where are you getting such a statistic?

I'm a registered Democrat, as is most of my extended family, and every single one of us knows Clinton was impeached but not removed from office.

Jan 21, 2015
Summary for the ADD crowd:

Is anyone here actually shocked at these 'accusations'? *gasp*

Does anyone here think this stuff is really anything new or surprising?

Does anyone here think that other presidents' administrations before have never ever ever had any such similar dealings with other countries, doing favors, exchanging dirt on opponents, transferring 'support' money, etc?

Honestly, I really can't see the big shocking smoking gun here. Seems like basic politics at work, nothing new, nothing out of the ordinary. Just look at US-Israeli relations FFS, or Bush-Saudi relations, Clinton Pay-For-Play scandals all over the fuckin world, US-UK collusion after 911 etc etc etc - how much US politicians have 'colluded' with other nations consistently over much much bigger shit than this. But *gasp* - collusion! Trump wants Ukraine to do a bit of investigation in return for billions of $$s in aid, and Chicken fuckin Little says the sky is falling.

Also LOL at that vid CLEARLY trying to imply Biden's innocence and continue the charade while putting a clip of him at the CFR, lolol The CFR's whole existence is to manipulate relations with other countries to make shit in the world go the way they want. I bet the vidmaker has never even heard of it.

Like most things folks are going mental over about Trump, its like they just haven't been paying attention at all to politics ever before in their lives, assuming everyone before was a fuckin boy scout and presidents have never played cross-border politics like this before.

It's so bizarre.

M

member 3289

Is anyone here actually shocked at these 'accusations'? *gasp*

Does anyone here think this stuff is really anything new or surprising?

Does anyone here think that other presidents' administrations before have never ever ever had any such similar dealings with other countries, doing favors, exchanging dirt on opponents, transferring 'support' money, etc?
This is a really stupid point.

M

member 3289

Nicely put, but you're not really backing up your point. Just slandering mine.
Tell me where I'm wrong.
Your point: Everyone is doing it.

Implication: It isn't that bad.

Ignoratio elenchi mixed with argumentum ad populum.

The idea that a wrong deed shouldn't be punished because it's (in your opinion) commonplace is just stupid. There is a precedent to set, especially when dealing with the high-level, influential offenders.

The enforcement of the rule of law is a large part of what keeps a system working. And as I pointed out to IschKabibble @IschKabibble, the Republicans had control of the House for 6/8 years of the Obama presidency. If he had done something of this caliber, of course they would have started impeachment proceedings.

So he either did or he didn't, but that's neither here nor there. Trump did do something wrong and he should be impeached for it.

Jan 21, 2015
Your point: Everyone is doing it.

Implication: It isn't that bad.

Ignoratio elenchi mixed with argumentum ad populum.

The idea that a wrong deed shouldn't be punished because it's (in your opinion) commonplace is just stupid. There is a precedent to set, especially when dealing with the high-level, influential offenders.

The enforcement of the rule of law is a large part of what keeps a system working. And as I pointed out to IschKabibble @IschKabibble, the Republicans had control of the House for 6/8 years of the Obama presidency. If he had done something of this caliber, of course they would have started impeachment proceedings.

So he either did or he didn't, but that's neither here nor there. Trump did do something wrong and he should be impeached for it.
Thanks for clarifying. Nicely said actually.

However I still think its absurd to have such a freak-out circus over some very minor, and yes commonplace actions. Its just not a realistic reaction, I didn't see a fraction of this much freak out when Obama was fucking bombing children in multiple countries. That was OK but Trump having a friendly chat on the phone and casually asking for some dirt on Biden and o my god we have to impeach!

It's the relative reactions to relative crimes that I'm criticizing. The MSM is making this tiny sliver of corruption into a mountain of outrage, when in truth every single President for decades (your beloved Obama included) has been drowning in corruption far more horrific. MSM overlooks crime after crime after crime, glorifies war and mass murder, constant interference in other countries, destruction, invasion, occupation and 'regime change' all over the globe, but now suddenly decides to get outraged over some casual sling on a phonecall?? It's simply absurd imo, USA has been meddling in foreign elections since forever.

The whole tone of that video is nuts, they highlight simple conversational lines from the call as if they are shocking, like its a crime to congratulate a president on his election win lol

And what if the dirt on Biden's son is true? How does that compare? What if Biden himself IS actually making a profit via corrupt business in Ukraine, and meddling with its politics to cover his ass? Oh no but that can't be true, obviously Biden is innocent lets just keep the focus on Trump.

And no, if anyone had dirt like this on Obama (and Hillary, which they did lol), they would not have started impeachment proceedings as fervently because they would not have had the MSM on their side cheerleading and inflating it up for the public. MSM protected Obama from start to finish, even though his war crimes and mass murdering absolutely dwarfs this stupid little scandal.

I agree with your point in general about whataboutism not being a defence against bad behaviour... but not in this case.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
The enforcement of the rule of law is a large part of what keeps a system working.
lol @ this in the US.

The fact that people at a certain level of power in the US are ABOVE the 'enforcement of the rule of law' is precisely what keeps 'the system' working.

This is my point, MSM is delivering this story in a context as if the White House hasn't always been corrupt.... and people are seeing the world through this lens. It's madness. You can start fucking WWIII and murder millions abroad attempting to colonize the whole of the Middle East... but you misspell 'covffe' and the whole world goes bonkers.

Tell me the last time the MSM made a peep about US-Israeli relations lobbying, getting dirt on folks, and 'influencing' elections. They don't, but it happens all the time to far greater degrees than this charade about impeaching Trump.

M

member 3289

Thanks for clarifying. Nicely said actually.

However I still think its absurd to have such a freak-out circus over some very minor, and yes commonplace actions. Its just not a realistic reaction, I didn't see a fraction of this much freak out when Obama was fucking bombing children in multiple countries. That was OK but Trump having a friendly chat on the phone and casually asking for some dirt on Biden and o my god we have to impeach!

It's the relative reactions to relative crimes that I'm criticizing. The MSM is making this tiny sliver of corruption into a mountain of outrage, when in truth every single President for decades (your beloved Obama included) has been drowning in corruption far more horrific. MSM overlooks crime after crime after crime, glorifies war and mass murder, constant interference in other countries, destruction, invasion, occupation and 'regime change' all over the globe, but now suddenly decides to get outraged over some casual sling on a phonecall?? It's simply absurd imo, USA has been meddling in foreign elections since forever.

The whole tone of that video is nuts, they highlight simple conversational lines from the call as if they are shocking, like its a crime to congratulate a president on his election win lol

And what if the dirt on Biden's son is true? How does that compare? What if Biden himself IS actually making a profit via corrupt business in Ukraine, and meddling with its politics to cover his ass? Oh no but that can't be true, obviously Biden is innocent lets just keep the focus on Trump.

And no, if anyone had dirt like this on Obama (and Hillary, which they did lol), they would not have started impeachment proceedings as fervently because they would not have had the MSM on their side cheerleading and inflating it up for the public. MSM protected Obama from start to finish, even though his war crimes and mass murdering absolutely dwarfs this stupid little scandal.

I agree with your point in general about whataboutism not being a defence against bad behaviour... but not in this case.
Uh huh