General Improvement list for Madden football

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Graphics of Madden 2020

Gameplay of Madden 2003-BY FAR BEST TO DATE

Franchise mode on par with Madden 2003-2005

Bring back-referees

Bring back ability to interact with crowd ala defensive player raises arms up to have the crowd get loud, sometimes causing a false start, and qb ability to quiet the home crowd so the defense can have an encroachment call with different cadance.

Bring back the vision cone as an OPTION.

Bring back stadium creation and add ons such as health spa's, injury room, training room, etc, but do this where only accomplishments in game can either unlock purchase options, or build money to where eventually you can buy options like additional hot dog venders, soda venders, etc... The more revenue you can make as an owner in franchise, the more stadium perks you can unlock which in return, helps players progress more with training room add on, film room that allows better scouting, health room for faster injury recover. For the company's concern, have an option to pay real money to unlock packages. But all players have option to upgrade, either paying money or earning it(i prefer the latter).

Presentation of ESPN 2k5. Hell even late 90's madden on Genesis would cut to end of cpu vs cpu playoff games that were in crucial 2 minute situations. You could literally watch a cpu vs cpu playoff game's last 2 minutes to see how the game plays out. Utilize ESPN broadcast and highlight actual plays of cpu vs cpu games during halftime as well as post game.

Bring back nfl player of the week(in addition to nfc/afc potw)

Have a hall of fame included in franchise where after players retire, if they had a good enough career it will show them going into the hof.

Bring back ability for retired players to become coaches.

INTRODUCE Pro Bowl Skills challenge!! dodge ball, precision passing, rb drill, wr drill-imagine how fun!!!!

Bring back awards players have received in addition to the team that drafted them and what pick/round they were drafted. You can see how many pro bowls they were in, defensive poty/offensive poty won, mvp won, member of x amount of superbowl teams.

Bring back create a play

Eliminate, or at the very least have it as an OPTION to remove the ability to edit player attributes and age during the franchise. Allow the user to be able to adjust ratings and age and contract info prior to starting a franchise, but once a franchise is started, you have to work/build with what you have in terms of progressing players, releasing or trading regressing old players.

Bring back scout drills for upcoming draft picks such as 40 yard dash(but make it to where some players/positions can actually break 4.2 in the 40), bench press, wide receiver drills, cb drills, lineman/linebacker drills, qb drills. Give options that allow the user to have this for scouted only players, or created only players, or both, or none.

Have commentary adjusted to where the commentary can talk about what happened in your franchise last year, as opposed to commentary talking about what happened in last year's real life football season. If I take the Dolphins to the Superbowl in 2021 but in mid season 2022 I'm 0-6, have the commentary team make comments about how no super bowl team has started 0-6 the following year, or whatever tidbits of information applies.

Ability to EARN celebrations. Each player has 1 standard celebration, but with gameplay accomplishments or ability to earn points that can be used to purchase celebrations. Have a long list of celebrations players can unlock with in game accomplishments, and for the company's concern allow the user to use real money to purchase the celebrations if they don't ant to earn them.

Bring back madden cards that can be used in franchise. Have standard madden cards that give "starting rb for x team 25% boost for one play/quarter/half" where as Madden 2003 only had specific madden cards for specific players. Players who would retire after one season or 2 would have no use for their madden cards, so instead of it being exclusive to one player, have it exclusive to one position, for every team. (25% boost for Cardinals rb, 25% boost for Cowboys rb, etc...)

Bring back big hits occasionally causing the player's helmet to come off

Bring back ability to play any game in franchise mode even if it's not your selected team.

What else am I missing?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I played every Madden from the first one up until 2012. Didn't play 2013-2017, but have played and own 2018 and 2020.

It's disgusting how shitty EA makes Madden, knowing what they used to do back when they actually had to compete. I was actually excited to try 2020 and put an entire weekend into adjusting/editing rosters, and have played almost a full season in franchise mode and I honestly don't even want to finish the season. Gameplay is so whack.

It inspired me to come up with a list of improvements.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I played every Madden from the first one up until 2012. Didn't play 2013-2017, but have played and own 2018 and 2020.

It's disgusting how shitty EA makes Madden, knowing what they used to do back when they actually had to compete. I was actually excited to try 2020 and put an entire weekend into adjusting/editing rosters, and have played almost a full season in franchise mode and I honestly don't even want to finish the season. Gameplay is so whack.

It inspired me to come up with a list of improvements.
Good write up.

I was in the same boat as you played from the 1st Madden up to about 2013....decided to buy 2019 and was amazed how shitty it was.

Don’t plan on buying another

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Make “even teams” when you play head to head actually even the teams

Add a difficulty between all pro and all Madden, I can’t be beat by the computer set to all pro, but can’t do anything positive against it set to all Madden

Make the star players more realistic skill wise, not invincible like some are in 20.

make a secret cheat code so 45 year old dads who occasionally play their 15 y/o Madden addict sons have a prayer of winning or at least being competitive