In no rush, Karol Rosa acts as bantamweight's breath of fresh air

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/Tv0KMzJYb74

When associating the 135-pound women's bantamweight division with Brazil, it's understandable for the first thought to be reigning champion and all-time great, Amanda Nunes. However, after her most recent performance, Karol Rosa continuously proves that she's a contender to watch out for.

Hailing from Vila Velha in Espirito Santo, the now 14-3 Rosa extended her current winning streak to five-straight at UFC Vegas 18. By defeating Panama's Joselyne Edwards in a lopsided decision, Rosa obtained her third UFC victory in just as many years.

"It's a great feeling," Rosa told MyMMANews of her snowballing momentum. "I always fight to win so it was great getting to come back home with a victory and being able to share that with all the people that I love. My coach's goal was that I'd begin this year with a victory so that was the first goal that we already achieved and I'm excited to achieve all the following goals this year.

"I train so much so definitely it was a great feeling. When the fights were canceled I didn't stop training so it was very gratifying to finally be able to fight and get the win."

Continued: In no rush, Karol Rosa acts as bantamweight's breath of fresh air

Last edited: