General In Vancouver 11-20 Aug - TME

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
As title says.
family holiday, seeing mates.
What to do?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't really know what to suggest.

It's a pretty big city. Most tourists check out Stanley Park I guess.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's not that nice a city anymore. It's overcrowded and there are homeless people sleeping on the downtown sidewalks.

But I guess the most interesting neighborhoods to check out would probably be Gastown, the West End, Yaletown and Kitsilano/Point Grey. White Rock/Crescent Beach are nice if you want to drive out of the city. I grew up in White Rock. It's right on the US border. That would be to the south.

To the north across the inlet is the North Shore. Ambleside and Horseshoe Bay are places worth visiting in West Vancouver. I live in Horseshoe Bay village myself.

Last edited:

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Friends moved from Kitsalano(?) and they’re now in North Vancouver / Norgate / Pemberton Heights somewhere apparently.
We’ve timed it to escape some of the NZ winter, so keen to hit beaches/lakes etc
Me & Mrs Kiwi plus miss nearly 9 and miss nearly 4.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Friends moved from Kitsalano(?) and they’re now in North Vancouver somewhere apparently.
We’ve timed it to escape some of the NZ winter, so keen to hit beaches/lakes etc
Friends chose wisely where to live :)

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Friends moved from Kitsalano(?) and they’re now in North Vancouver / Norgate / Pemberton Heights somewhere apparently.
It's a shame you're leaving on August 20th in a way because the PNE fair starts August 20th and that's a kids wonderland.

But at least the Playland part (the rides) is open all summer. Big rickety old roller coaster is always worth a ride.