General In what ways are kids/young people these days better than we were?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
We know they're all terrible snowflakes, overly woke, can't do anything without adult supervision, etc etc.

But, there's two sides to every story. What are they good at - better than we were?

I don't have kids, so others will be better placed to comment.

"Kids" means anyone up to 25, btw. :smile:

For instance, I would have had a much better time at high school in this generation. It seems like kids these days cross-pollinate their friendships. When I was in school, it was very much you had your crew, you had a couple of other crews you would be affiliated with and you'd go to each other's parties, and everybody else was basically an enemy. :smile: These days it's really not like that, is my understanding.

They also drink, take drugs, get into fights, get into car crashes and get pregnant WAY less than we ever did.

What have you observed about the generation that was born around the millennium or after, that makes you think that in this area, they're better kids than we ever were?

??

T

The Big Guy

The new fighters coming up are awesome. MMA is going to get alot better

but the music, comedy, fashion, media and culture are all deteriorating

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ultimately, technology has helped them but it also hurts them

there’s a lot of entitlement that comes with today’s youth, particularly in the US and a shit load of laziness

A lot of not understanding about the rest of the world, insular attitude about the US.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Ultimately, technology has helped them but it also hurts them

there’s a lot of entitlement that comes with today’s youth, particularly in the US and a shit load of laziness

A lot of not understanding about the rest of the world, insular attitude about the US.
I don't think "understanding about the rest of the world" has been a particular strength of Americans for quite a few generations, to be fair. :smile:

??

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They're literally better in every way possible. My generation (early 40s) sucked.
Our generation (I was born in 1980) had better rap.

I have an apprentice who’s 21. One of his best attributes his how quickly he’ll look up information on his phone before giving up and asking somebody for help. When he comes to me with a problem he’ll usually have some solutions to offer as well. Many times they suck but I like that he’s at least putting thought into it.