'Infamous' Paul Daley might hit 'idiot' Josh Koscheck before Bellator MMA rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Esther Lin

"Semtex" says a rematch with Josh Koshcheck "will happen" and his current bout against Dennis Olson at Bellator 140 will be the last of its kind.

It's been five years since Paul Daley received his unceremonious release from Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) after punching Josh Koscheck after the bell at UFC 113. And although he received a lifetime ban from the top mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, he was able continue on with his career in Strikeforce, BAMMA and now his current home in Bellator MMA.

"The average person thought my career was over after I left UFC, so It's good for people to see there is life after the other big show," Daley told MMAmania.com in a recent interview. "Bellator is doing fantastic things."

"Semtex" explained how he handled things after that infamous night in Montreal back in 2010 when he lost his cool after losing a frustrating unanimous decision to Koscheck.

"I dealt with it pretty easily after I apologized," said Daley, who will face Dennis Olson at Bellator 140 this Friday night (July 17, 2015) at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. "I was very apologetic. I knew I wasn't coming back. Dana [White] already said what he said. I wasn't completely distraught like you might think some people were because my route to that show was a lot like it is for a lot of the guys now. I worked very hard. I was already fighting in America.

"I had already put my time in to have a stake enough to continue my career away from UFC. I wasn't as some of these 6-0 guys who don't really have a fan base that haven't really been around the block to have something to fall back on. So, I was able to continue my career in the UK or somewhere in Europe or Strikeforce as it was. Having a good guy like Scott Coker who put me in some very big and interesting fights."

And once again he finds himself working with Coker, who has completely changed the the vibe and feel of Bellator MMA, creating a big buzz inside the MMA stratosphere. Coker has taken advantage of Daley's kickboxing skills and booked him for the upcoming MMA/kickboxing "Dynamite" card on Sept. 19, 2015, against an opponent yet to be named. GLORY kickboxing will be part of that show and Daley said, "he'd love to fight any of their guys."

The 32-year-old English veteran -- who holds a 20-3 record as a kick boxer -- said the hybrid MMA/kickboxing card is "massive" and that Coker is "doing a wonderful thing" by putting it together. Daley knocked out the No.4-ranked GLORY Welterweight Alexander Stetsurenko on a card in Ireland last year and said, "I know the level I can compete at and I'm looking for another tough match up."

'Infamous' Paul Daley might hit 'idiot' Josh Koscheck before Bellator MMA rematch - MMAmania.com

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Worried he is gonna suffer an injury this weekend and not be able to fight on the Dynamite card.