Inside Floyd’s Camp on his MMA career and not knowing who CM Punk is & more

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Give me a bit......what’s your deadline on submitting questions to you man......

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Give me a bit......what’s your deadline on submitting questions to you man......
Doing the interview Sunday, no idea when it will be done
Its email by email so it could be minutes or a day

Just post what you are curious about.
it will be a perspective from inside the team

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
How in the world does Floyd think he’s going to be competitive in a fight which requires an extensive knowledge of multiple disciplines?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
How in the world does Floyd think he’s going to be competitive in a fight which requires an extensive knowledge of multiple disciplines?
I'll need to re-phrase it so its not directed at Floyd himself but more about those in his camps thoughts on it, but excellent Q

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I'll need to re-phrase it so its not directed at Floyd himself but more about those in his camps thoughts on it, but excellent Q
Good point.......don’t want it directed at him personally as i would ask that of any boxer

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
If seriously considering this path, what mma coaches/team is he considering to help him train?

He has cash so he can pick his poison.

Maybe consider asking the Diaz brothers and their team?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I think there are some mma fighters who train at his boxing gym, like Kevin Lee. Is he working with them on other disciplines?

Is he considering facing someone other than Conor/smaller than Conor?

If so, will it be a recognizable name, or will he pick someone more inexperienced like a Mickey Gall-type situation?

What will he do afterward to manage his money better so he doesn't have to do this again?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How much MMA has he watched? Did he see couture vs toney? What fighters will he be looking to emulate in there? Would he try to bring said fighters into his camp?

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Good questions in here all ready.

My brain is actually refusing to take him seriously, as I don't see any possibility of it being a reality that Floyd steps in the cage.
I suppose that's a good question though. How serious is Floyd for getting into the cage?

Would he be looking for an entry level MMA fighter or a top 10 or even champion MMA fighter?

Would they be looking for a primarily striking based opponent? or would they try & make a statement by putting him against a grappler?

Floyd promised his family he was done with fighting after the McGregor fight... has he changed his mind?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Floyd is a fight fan I'm sure he will do what he needs to prepare himself for an MMA bout should he decide to test the waters ...biggest issue he faces at this point is age.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Has anyone of similar size from other successful camps (Frankie, Cruz, Dillashaw, Faber) been brought in to train wrestling or take down defence with Floyd?

When he could make astronomical money boxing why switch to mma?

Floyds hands have given him many problems has he ever trained with mma gloves?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Floyd's a smart business man. His name is also Money Mayweather. So obviously everything he does with regards to business and his legacy is well thought out and calculated. In your opinion, is him potentially getting embarrassed in MMA worth the pay day that would come along with it?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Interview started. Thanks
Remember this is an interview with someone in his camp & on the media team.
I really can't ask about him getting embarrassed, etc, because all I would get is the company line.
I'm trying to get the pulse of what that side actually thinks & if there is real progression or if he is waiting to know for sure (if at all)
Thanks again & have a fun viewing thread.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Not getting much info as far as breaking news so far, I figured it would be close to the vest & Floyd controls his narrative, but still interesting & still have a nice quote.
It should be done by Tuesday hopefully

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
If you were booking this fight where on the card would you put them, what city would it be in and who would main event.

Side note: Phil's walk out song is awesome .
If I'm booking it, I make the fight at MSG and have it main event. Yes, I'm absolutely serious. Stipe vs Werdum did 217k buys, Stipe v Overeem did 450k buys, Stipe vs JDS II did 300k buys, Stipe vs Francis did 380k buys. That blip on the radar where Stipe all of sudden drew almost double what he normally pulls? That was Phil's MMA debut. MMA fans clearly have an interest in seeing him. We just saw Floyd draw massive numbers last summer on a PPV in a freak show fight where his opponent had literally 0 chance of winning. So I have no doubt that this fight can sell, and that people will want to see it. It's a surprisingly close matchup, Phil probably being a favorite.

You could put it early on the main card, but then it's going to be like when Brock and Hunt "co-mained" UFC 200 and the UFC pretended like anyone gave a flying fuck about seeing Tate fight Nunes.

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Here you go - EXCLUSIVE: Inside Floyd’s Camp on his MMA career and not knowing who CM Punk is & more | BodySlam.net

I found three things particularly interesting.
That Floyd Sr. truly believes Floyd Jr. will fight MMA, most of Team Mayweather never heard of CM Punk and that Floyd’s team rather he doesn’t do MMA.
Of course most think the chances of Floyd having an MMA fight are slim/none, but most thought the same for a Conor McGregor boxing match as well!
On the real though... it's great to get some actual insider info on it. The guy/girl seemed to not be willing to go but so deep... but I feel that if the team hasn't even watched MMA... & they don't even know who CM Punk is despite there being Vegas odds out on him vs. Mayweather... that the team is not serious.

They want NOTHING to do with Conor in the cage. CM Punk is their only hope of a decent showing & payday... & I think CM killz him.

Great work Brother Frankie. I think we have our answerz.