Cinema INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE is the best comic book movie of all time (SPOILERS)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
The acting was on point and real, the story was unqiue and the script was fresh, but the director and animators are VISONARY. Truly the best translation of the excitement of reading a great comic to film.

And this is the scene that convinced me:

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I mentioned it in Geek Haven but the only thing I didn't like was the Kingpin's design.

Great movie and definitely stands up amongst all the live action stuff.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't think I have seen anything with thor in it
maybe a comic book in the 90's
what is the best thor movie?

M

member 1013

I don't think I have seen anything with thor in it
maybe a comic book in the 90's
what is the best thor movie?
Lol all the Thor movies have flaws. In the MCU he is seriously nerfed and under utilized. You’d probably enjoy ragnarok the most (#3). ThenDark World (#2) is boring as hell for anyone not like me and Leigh @Leigh or sparkuri @sparkuri . In first Thor I think there is only about 20 minutes where he is actually Thor and the rest is a classic fish out of water story.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My daughter 's review:

"I just saw the movie today and absolutely loved it. The visuals and entire asthetic is beautiful and incredibly well-done, with comic book panels and speech bubbles adding a really exciting and excellently excectued little throwback to the story's origins.
Comedy was great, story was great with twists that I honestly wasn't expecting at all (which is rare in itself these days, especially in animated films).
I dont usually listen to the kind of music that sometimes played throughout the movie (rap/hip hop) but I found myself genuinely enjoying some cool new songs and the soundtrack itself was cool too. Good characters with depth and emotion and not stupid dialogue (another thing animated films and just big films in general have been screwing up recently so thats rad) . 10/10 movie for me."

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My daughter 's review:

"I just saw the movie today and absolutely loved it. The visuals and entire asthetic is beautiful and incredibly well-done, with comic book panels and speech bubbles adding a really exciting and excellently excectued little throwback to the story's origins.
Comedy was great, story was great with twists that I honestly wasn't expecting at all (which is rare in itself these days, especially in animated films).
I dont usually listen to the kind of music that sometimes played throughout the movie (rap/hip hop) but I found myself genuinely enjoying some cool new songs and the soundtrack itself was cool too. Good characters with depth and emotion and not stupid dialogue (another thing animated films and just big films in general have been screwing up recently so thats rad) . 10/10 movie for me."
Cool...great review
I might watch this thing

M

member 1013

My daughter 's review:

Ask your daughter if she thinks it would have been a better movie with Thor

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Gonna have to give Spider-Verse a watch.

In other Spiderman movie news...

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Gonna have to give Spider-Verse a watch.

In other Spiderman movie news...
Just as an FYI there's an article comparing all spiderman movies.

This one is ranked #2 of all time. I own it. I love it.

Spiderverse is ranked #1.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I mentioned it in Geek Haven but the only thing I didn't like was the Kingpin's design.

Great movie and definitely stands up amongst all the live action stuff.
Kingpin's design was based on the way Bill Sienzciewicz used to draw him. I didn't like his voice actor, but otherwise thought the film was fantastic. Wintermute @peter_weyland and I watched it together.

M

member 1013

Kingpin's design was based on the way Bill Sienzciewicz used to draw him. I didn't like his voice actor, but otherwise thought the film was fantastic. Wintermute @peter_weyland and I watched it together.
Did you hold hands?

I would have.

Do you think Thor should have been in it?