Invicta's Andrea Lee tests positive for diuretics

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

One of Invicta's brightest young stars is facing a ban.

Andrea Lee, a top Invicta FC flyweight, tested positive for a banned diuretic and has been hit with a temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission, MMA Fighting confirmed with NAC executive director Bob Bennett on Thursday.

Bennett said that Lee's urine test in relation to Invicta FC 16 on March 11 in Las Vegas came back positive for the substance canrenone and/or spironolactone.

Lee broke the news herself on social media.

"I have not taken any drugs or any supplements that will help enhance my performance, so do not get your facts wrong!" Lee wrote.

View: https://twitter.com/AndreaKGBLee/status/715638867303337984/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LINK: Invicta's Andrea Lee tests positive for diuretics, suspended by Nevada Athletic Commission

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
fuck, she's exciting to watch. The good thing it's not Roids, I guess that might have been why she gassed a bit in the 3rd round.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Wow, my second favorite MMA MILF.

Exciting fighter and a sweetheart.

Very disappointed in her and her creepily older coach/husband who probably gave her the stuff.

Ugh.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In case anybody wants to avoid getting their facts wrong about why certain (including ones mentioned in the article) are banned:

Doping Prevention: Diuretics and other masking agents

"Masking agents are compounds that are taken with the purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for doping testing. Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine. Diuretics can be regarded as "masking" agents due to the dilution of the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body."

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
In case anybody wants to avoid getting their facts wrong about why certain (including ones mentioned in the article) are banned:

Doping Prevention: Diuretics and other masking agents

"Masking agents are compounds that are taken with the purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for doping testing. Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine. Diuretics can be regarded as "masking" agents due to the dilution of the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body."
Its what Cyborg had popped for as well right?

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Its what Cyborg had popped for as well right?
No. Cyborg was taking an anabolic steroid called Winstrol. It's commonly used to cut weight after a bulking up cycle, without losing the muscle gains. It's not commonly used to build muscle but with women it's been proved to be more effective than in men in doing so. Body builders use it to get the vascular, ripped look.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
What a pile of fuck. Stop harassing the athletes. Who gives a shit if someones taking something that makes them piss more.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Wat!!? I didn't know who she was but thought she'd be an Asian chick.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Bad to hear this, but I am sure she is just one of many that is taking them. Even tho its not UFC didnt Nate say they all on them.