General Is Canuck the Crow dead?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Rumours swirling famous Vancouver bird may be dead
Is Canuck the Crow dead?
Elisia Seeber/Vancouver Is Awesome - Oct 9, 2019 / 11:00 am | Story: 267808

Photo: Contributed
Rumours are beginning to spread that Canuck the Crow – Vancouver’s unofficial winged ambassador — has been found dead.

It has been over a month since the bird, famous for his mischievous and lively character, has been seen in the East Vancouver area he usually frequents. This weekend, an anonymous person posted to Craigslist that they had found and disposed of a crow matching Canuck’s description.

The post, titled ‘Why would a crow have two bands?’ has since been taken down, but greatly upset fans on the Canuck and I Facebook page that don’t believe it to be true.

The person who wrote the post claimed they were initially curious as to why a crow would have two bands, and they were later informed about Canuck’s disappearance.

“I am so sorry,” the post stated. “Someone has just emailed me and informed me about Canuck. I am regretfully sorry that the crow I found was Canuck from the pictures I just saw online.

“Had I known at the time about Canuck I would have taken photos, even in the state he was in, to give closure. I am truly sorry I’ve taken that away from all of those who loved him. I am so sorry but I disposed of his body. That’s all I want to say as to not further hurt those who loved him.”

Earlier this year, Canuck became the first crow to be banded in North America for non-endangered and non-research purposes. Canuck sports a uniquely numbered metal band, supplied by The Federal Bird Banding Office in Ottawa, along with his orange band that makes him visible to his fans.

The Craigslist poster wrote that they believed their yard dog killed the crow and they were just trying to do the right thing by letting people know. The person went on to write that they would be taking the post down because they had received numerous “death threats and accusations.”

However, Shawn Bergman, who is widely known as Canuck’s human best friend and runs the Canuck and I Facebook fan page, said he believes the Craigslist post was a “hoax.”

Bergman said Tuesday he tried to contact the person who put up the information about Canuck six times and he was yet to receive a response.

“There’s just a lot that doesn’t seem to add up, especially with no contact from this person. So we are looking at it as being a hoax," he said.

He said during the past month he had received at least five emails from people claiming Canuck is dead.

A $10,000 reward is still in place for the safe return of Canuck.

@Miesha's Taint @The Koala Bear Jew

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
More than likely.

Article says hes 4, I'd say he did alright, life expectancy for a crow cant be much more than that.

For a celebrity crow its got to be less, has been looking a bit rough lately in recent pictures.

Definitely looks like a coke habit to me, smoking weed at the very least and hes stealing pipes to do it too, must be hanging around with the magpies.

Doesn't look good.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
More than likely.

Article says hes 4, I'd say he did alright, life expectancy for a crow cant be much more than that.

For a celebrity crow its got to be less, has been looking a bit rough lately in recent pictures.

Definitely looks like a coke habit to me, smoking weed at the very least and hes stealing pipes to do it too, must be hanging around with the magpies.

Doesn't look good.
he lives in the hood too . he might have developed a fentynal problem and flew down to the downtown east side for the winter

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
More than likely.

Doesn't look good.
Life expectancy is 20-30 years. The oldest one on record was 59 in captivity.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Life expectancy is 20-30 years. The oldest one on record was 59 in captivity.
For a crow?!

In the wild in a city they live 10 years max.

Maybe 30 absolute max, in the wild, in perfect conditions.

That 59 year old crow was stuffed full of saw dust for at least half its life.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
he lives in the hood too . he might have developed a fentynal problem and flew down to the downtown east side for the winter
This is the kind of pet detective work we need on this case Jason, you need to get your self on the streets man, you can find him.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
They arent giving up their good drugs
oxys changed sometime around the mid 2000s and can no longer be snorted or injected .almost all the oxys on the street now are counterfeit fentynal pills. maybe soccer moms still get them from the doctor but streeet junkies arent about to pop a pill .they want that rush

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
he probably got raped by some dirty city ravens . those fuckers are huge .

M

member 1013

hastings ave was looking like san fran before it was cool
Fucking San Fran is a style biting bitch

Also I am now bestowing the nickname, “the San Francisco of the North” upon Vancouver. It’s best said in an Australian accent though.