General Is COVID-19 over?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Seriously. It takes the Portland PD 30 minutes to respond to a rape in progress. I'm so glad it's a shall-issue state.
I live in county

Response time here is probably 24 hours later unless shots are fired

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
At this point cost/benefit doesn't dictate that it would be something to rush into.
That's only because you guys are terrible at vaccinating people.
Who should get the vaccine is a simple risk and benefit of vaccine versus disease adverse reactions. If the data supports vaccination safety over disease danger then go get vaccinated. Arbitrary lines about ages don't really matter at that point.

Now of course your appropriate argument is that it's a poor use of resources when so many adults are not vaccinated.
But again in the context of the United States in which we will continue to have vaccine choice, currently we have stockpiles above usage. Expanding the population that is able to get the vaccine which indirectly expands the population willing to get the vaccine is therefore beneficial.

The only argument perhaps to the contrary could be the greater good outside of national focus. Should we just simply skip our 12-year-olds to send more to overseas adults? Well yeah. But then you have to quantify and qualify what it means to be a poor use of resources from the standpoint of the US government.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That's only because you guys are terrible at vaccinating people.
No. It's because kids are at extremely low risk to have complications from covid and we don't have a very good handle on vaccine outcomes. If you want to rush them through for people who are high risk, I completely understand, but with kids this isn't the case.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
No. It's because kids are at extremely low risk to have complications from covid and we don't have a very good handle on vaccine outcomes. If you want to rush them through for people who are high risk, I completely understand, but with kids this isn't the case.
kids are low risk for COVID, is COVID the only outcome of SARS-COV2 infection?

kids are also reasonably very good hosts for mutations, at the least. We know the long-term risks associated the vaccine are low compared to the long-term risks of perpetuating the pandemic.