General Is COVID-19 over?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Over here Johnson has said the June final lockdown may have to be cancelled because of the Indian variant.

Its a sad state of affairs.

If they do this England will go mental.

We won't adhere. That's a fact.

We've taken their shit long enough.
Stop getting curry takeaways.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Normally I say that risk of variants is low, but this virus has shown an incredible ability to mutate in ways that increase infectivity.
In Canada, where the variants are running completely fucking rampant, infectivity is up, but negative outcomes are down.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
In Canada, where the variants are running completely fucking rampant, infectivity is up, but negative outcomes are down.
that's always one possible outcome of variants - infectivity and mortality are independent. Best case scenario is that a less fatal/more infectious variant starts ripping around.

But that's just being irrationally optimistic. :)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Lol @ 60%.

47% of the country has received at least one dose. We are still vaccinating 1-2 million people every day, a number that will continue to hold now that kids 12 and up can get vaccinated.

You unvaccinated lepers will be 20% MAX by the time everything is said and done.
Is it really 47%?

I had read it was still in the high 30% range

I doubt it will reach 60% so 80% seems unrealistic

I hope you know that a good portion of "unvaccinated lepers" with money/resources will move to free states with vaccination passport bans. Roll out the red carpet.

I bet that 40-60% can't wait for their next round of booster shots for the variants

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

YAY! I need to go to Costco tomorrow anyway. Now I don't need to wear a mask.
Yay!
I don't either

State of Oregon is trying to get employers to check vaccine cards for maskless entry...good luck with that
It isn't hard to take off a mask after you enter, and join the maskless.
No way they are gonna tax our defunded police with arresting or dealing with non vaccinated maskless people...Cops mostly don't wear masks here anyways and dislike the mandates/rules.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's what the currently available data presents.
right, but the plural of "anecdote" isn't "fact". We can't rely on a trend when there's nothing to stop that trend from reversing.

in some respects, I think we're like a person who jumped out of a plane without a parachute, laughing at the myth of gravity.
just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't change the odds of it happening.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Yay!
I don't either

State of Oregon is trying to get employers to check vaccine cards for maskless entry...good luck with that
It isn't hard to take off a mask after you enter, and join the maskless.
No way they are gonna tax our defunded police with arresting or dealing with non vaccinated maskless people...Cops mostly don't wear masks here anyways and dislike the mandates/rules.
Seriously. It takes the Portland PD 30 minutes to respond to a rape in progress. I'm so glad it's a shall-issue state.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
^ first post of the day.

ya'll better get off my line, I'm comin through.

:)

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I got 3 curries last night. 4 if you count biryani sauce (I don't,)

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Still got half left. I diddnt put in the fridge so it should be more potent by now.