Is GSP the only fighter to Grease in the UFC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

Want to know the Real Story behind that gif?

GSP and Greasgate went down Jan. 31st 2009 UFC 94.

Anderson Silva was pissed at GSP for what he did to BJ, during this time Silva was begging the UFC for a fight with GSP...but the UFC would not make this fight as GSP wanted nothing to do with The Spider.

Anderson Silva's first fight after UFC 94 Greasegate was at UFC 97 Redemption April 18th 2009 against Thales Leites, sitting cage side was none other then Georgie Boy .....Anderson wanted to make it perfectly clear to GSP that he knew what he had did to Bj Penn.

So what Anderson did was rub his body all over...mocking GSP of greasing his body with vaseline .....

In this first gif...near the end of the loop look at Anderson Silva's eyes ...he is looking over right to where GSP was sitting!

lmao...Anderson playing those mind games with Georgie Boy.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Want to know the Real Story behind that gif?

GSP and Greasgate went down Jan. 31st 2009 UFC 94.

Anderson Silva was pissed at GSP for what he did to BJ, during this time Silva was begging the UFC for a fight with GSP...but the UFC would not make this fight as GSP wanted nothing to do with The Spider.

Anderson Silva's first fight after UFC 94 Greasegate was at UFC 97 Redemption April 18th 2009 against Thales Leites, sitting cage side was none other then Georgie Boy .....Anderson wanted to make it perfectly clear to GSP that he knew what he had did to Bj Penn.

So what Anderson did was rub his body all over...mocking GSP of greasing his body with vaseline .....

In this first gif...near the end of the loop look at Anderson Silva's eyes ...he is looking over right to where GSP was sitting!

lmao...Anderson playing those mind games with Georgie Boy.

This is your worst conspiracy theory to date. Stick with Satan and Bible stuff.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
To be real, I used to be a cornerman and I greased my fighters. My attitude was it's the ref's job to catch it, not mine. It's a tough temptation to want to give your guy every edge you can get away with, short of something that's actually risky to health and safety like drugs or loaded gloves etc. There are a lot of cornerman tricks to keep your guy or girl in it. Romero's stool situation is an example. Angie Dundee cutting Ali's gloves in the Cooper fight is another. Phil Nurse has been around long enough to know the old tricks and if BJ's mom hadn't gotten involved, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
They are all greasing......
Eddie Bravo and rogan were talking about this............this is not a conspiracy theory, but fact

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
That first gif is retarded. Gomi is allowing bj to control his posture. Gsp ain't having none of that.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
It's like saying, is *fill in a fighter* the only one juicing?

95 percent of the fighters grease, hold on to the cage, play the game, push the boundaries with substances, eye poking, nut shots, etc.

Oh, and 0.12 percent of the fighters use superglue on their stool so they can rest longer.

I expect GSP to take the heat for all of that because up until now, he is the p4p and best WW of all time.

GSP is illuminati from space bitches. There.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
They are all greasing......
Eddie Bravo and rogan were talking about this............this is not a conspiracy theory, but fact
Yep
This.
I know personally a bunch and no, won't name names.
But it happens folks.
Grease and roids. (Duh)

And by grease I mean : guys will lather themselves with baby oil before the fight in the hotel room.
Come fight time they start sweating and some will smell like baby oil if they apply a scented one.
I know of one fighter who was pissed at his opponent for greasing up. He smelled of his opponents oil after the fight.

So it's more than what a Phil Nurse or cornermen will apply.
Trust me.

M

member 603

Yep
This.
I know personally a bunch and no, won't name names.
But it happens folks.
Grease and roids. (Duh)

And by grease I mean : guys will lather themselves with baby oil before the fight in the hotel room.
Come fight time they start sweating and some will smell like baby oil if they apply a scented one.
I know of one fighter who was pissed at his opponent for greasing up. He smelled of his opponents oil after the fight.

So it's more than what a Phil Nurse or cornermen will apply.
Trust me.
The old baby oil trick.... I knew a guy who would shave his legs and use baby oil or even olive oil.... Swear to God we watched him fight and my brother who doesn't train in MMA, when the guy walked by, says to me "Bro why does that motherfucker smell like our Italian grandmother's kitchen?"

Tito Ortiz said it best when he used the "if you're not cheating than you're not trying" quote

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
The old baby oil trick.... I knew a guy who would shave his legs and use baby oil or even olive oil.... Swear to God we watched him fight and my brother who doesn't train in MMA, when the guy walked by, says to me "Bro why does that motherfucker smell like our Italian grandmother's kitchen?"

Tito Ortiz said it best when he used the "if you're not cheating than you're not trying" quote
Yep
Tito is right.
Bro if you knew...

M

member 603

Yep
Tito is right.
Bro if you knew...
I've straight up taught guys how to hold the gloves but not get caught by hooking at the wrist.... It's dirty, but hey... If the ref doesn't say stop ;)

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Nate Marquardt was accused by Palhares of greasing.
Herb Dean disproved that immediately. Nate Marquardt'd team claimed that they had Marquardt work up a sweat in the locker room, which is just good gameplanning, so Dean wiped Nate with a paper towel, and waited to see if the paper towel would turn clear, which would indicate something other than water. It didn't, and Palhares dropped the accusation.
I know Herb Dean gets some shit from time to time for an early stoppage here and there or whatever, but when it comes down to it, he's still the best referee in the business.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Herb Dean disproved that immediately. Nate Marquardt'd team claimed that they had Marquardt work up a sweat in the locker room, which is just good gameplanning, so Dean wiped Nate with a paper towel, and waited to see if the paper towel would turn clear, which would indicate something other than water. It didn't, and Palhares dropped the accusation.
I know Herb Dean gets some shit from time to time for an early stoppage here and there or whatever, but when it comes down to it, he's still the best referee in the business.
No. Herb Dean is not the best ref in the business. He has shown time and time again in money fights where the UFC has interest in a certain fighter winning ..Herb Dean does his best to make sure his bosses are happy. He's a paid man..that is not helping MMA grow like it should.

IMO the best Ref in the Biz is Marc Goddard! That guy has been consistent over the years ...never changes due to a certain fighter fighting ...he is cool calm just like your mom under pressure.

Also Rosensomshit ...the ref who went to jail for dealing weed a few years back is a great ref as well.

Good Refs:
Goddard
Rosensomshit

Bad Refs:
Herb "I take money under the table" Dean
Mario "I'm half asleep, Half thinking about how I'm gonna throw up a heart to the Cam" Yamasuckadick