Cinema Is it just me or is Mulholland Drive a $#/+ movie?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mulholland Drive overrated

• Yup, it's complete shit

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I'm a pretentious prick & you simply don't understand Lynch's genious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This flick has been on my list for awhile now. Finally sat down and threw away two and a half hours of my life that I'll never get back.

This movie is a convoluted mess. A bunch of storylines that simply dead end.

This has to be the most overrated piece of ? movie ever.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Thoughts?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
It’s been a while since I watched it but I do recall thinking “that’s it” after it be so highly recommended.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This flick has been on my list for awhile now. Finally sat down and threw away two and a half hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Thoughts?
That the one where the hero ends up framed?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

Thoughts?
This thread is 21 years in the making. Glad you finally made time for it.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Nah. Turns out it was all a dream. Tah-dah!

Don't have to tie up any plot points, loose ends or complete any character arcs, it was all a dream!!

They literally did the "Bobby Ewing dying in a car crash was all a dream" plot from 1980s soap opera Dallas?

Wow.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Prime Watts was a stunner
Other chick is beautiful as well, shame about the bad boob job

Isn't a David Lynch film? That says it all, his specialty is plots that aren't a plot and never resolve

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It is the sum total of Hollywood's mental illness, insanely propagated by Hollywood as "art".
When there's a Brillo pad left in a Hilton shower, it's not because crackheads were prior guests, it's because there was a marathon of Mulholland Drive on Showtime.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
No idea as I’ve never seen it, so no vote.

but the tits posted above have me second guessing my choice in watching it

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
It has several interesting scenes (the cowboy, the giant mafia guy, the creepy old man in the weird room, the mafia guy with the coffee in the meeting with the director, the lesbian scene, the casting song scene).... but as a movie? No. It's too incoherent, too weird for the sake of being weird.

??

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It has several interesting scenes (the cowboy, the giant mafia guy, the creepy old man in the weird room, the mafia guy with the coffee in the meeting with the director, the lesbian scene, the casting song scene).... but as a movie? No. It's too incoherent, too weird for the sake of being weird.

??
This is something interesting that I just found out. The movie was supposed to be a tv series, but the studio essentially told Lynch "nope, wrap it up" so he thought up an ending to tie up a bunch of story lines. Which explains why it's such a convoluted mess.
Somehow you don't know shit about cinema if you don't consider it a masterpiece in filmmaking.