General Is it okay to recline your seat on an airplane?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've flown a fair bit. Never had any trouble with anyone, apart from the Spanish police one time, but that wasn't on the plane.

People are generally nice to each other in my experience on airplanes.

My argument would be where does it say on my ticket I can't practice my sparring on the seat
i sat next to a woman and a cryi ng kid on a plane for 4 hours. she apologized the entire t ime. i let the kid play with my sons switch and he quieted down. better ways t o handle situati ons. again t hough..fuck those two. i was raised t o respect people. that is the problem nowadays. anyways, now that guy is some douche that went viral

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
by the way from what read, the gu y asked her not to recline because he cant recline his chair which leaves him limited space. she said ok. but later on she said fuck it and did it anyway. that is what started that

He is hiding out. But it was apparently him asking her to sit it up while he was eating. When she put it back again after food was taken up he punched the seat hard several times and then this was the tapping going on while she was videotaping afterwards.

I'm 6'3. You don't have to tell me about legroom or anything else. I'm also aware that the last row on an airplane does not recline and I try to avoid it but sometimes I'm there. I blame the physics of airline design and not the person in front of me using their seat in the way it was intended.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He is hiding out. But it was apparently him asking her to sit it up while he was eating. When she put it back again after food was taken up he punched the seat hard several times and then this was the tapping going on while she was videotaping afterwards.

I'm 6'3. You don't have to tell me about legroom or anything else. I'm also aware that the last row on an airplane does not recline and I try to avoid it but sometimes I'm there. I blame the physics of airline design and not the person in front of me using their seat in the way it was intended.
What size waist u got?

im fine with reclining b ut like others said. not all the way. it is disrespectful. that guy handled it like a tool..but i dont like her remarks about suing. seriously fuck yourself when you are that entitled. the fact that the airline hostess sided with him makes me take his side for the inconvenience of her being a bitch. if some one asked me nicely to not recline, i wouldnt . and if i did a little..id ask if that was ok. people have done that with me and i mirrored it since

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've flown a fair bit. Never had any trouble with anyone, apart from the Spanish police one time, but that wasn't on the plane.

People are generally nice to each other in my experience on airplanes.

People are total assholes. Fly more.
I watch some Paris Hilton wannabe (she was black but it doesn't change anything) wearing atrocious dark sunglasses lots of gold and carrying her little yippee emotional support dog.
She had a fake small handbag with her that could easily fit under her seat. Instead she placed this bag in the carry-on overhead. of course everybody with actual carry-ons is putting their stuff there and anytime somebody would attempt to put a carry on close to or maybe scoot her tiny bag over so that the storage unit could be used she would go and chastise them. Old ladies old men other women anybody she put this tin y 12-inch square bag and demanded a ton of space when it could easily fit under her seat.

You want to see the end of humanity? Fly Southwest enough. it was once described as Walmart of the skies and that's probably the best description I've ever heard. And I love them but I also hate them.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Just fly Qatar airways business. Thier seats are full reclining beds, plus they have an a la carte menu designed by celebrity chefs.
Helped my dad book a ticket to Portugal the other day flying with Qatar, but he's a tightass so he's flying economy. I plan on buying them a pass to the 1st class lounge for his birthday though - have you been to that lounge?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also I haven't flown on the planes with this suite. I don't know what kind I flew business with Qatar with was but is pretty much the same as this article minus a sliding door from what I can tell.

Should have seen the poor beautiful attendants face when I ordered two smoked salmon, two glasses of champagne, a beer and a tomato juice, the first time she asked if I needed anything

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
im fine with reclining b ut like others said. not all the way. it is disrespectful. that guy handled it like a tool..but i dont like her remarks about suing. seriously fuck yourself when you are that entitled. the fact that the airline hostess sided with him makes me take his side for the inconvenience of her being a bitch. if some one asked me nicely to not recline, i wouldnt . and if i did a little..id ask if that was ok. people have done that with me and i mirrored it since

Why are you assuming the guy watching cartoons and punching a chair asked nicely?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I don’t do it, but it’s there for a reason and if someone does it to me, I don’t blame them, it’s there perogative. People who think they can police other people’s behaviour are scum.

If that guy’s seat doesn’t recline, and he’s uncomfortable he can ask her politely if she wouldn’t mind putting her seat up, but she’d be doing him a favour and has every right to tell him to fuck off.

I don’t like it if people talk in movies, but that’s the chance you take when you’re in a public space.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Helped my dad book a ticket to Portugal the other day flying with Qatar, but he's a tightass so he's flying economy. I plan on buying them a pass to the 1st class lounge for his birthday though - have you been to that lounge?
I've only flown lax to Doha and back a few times. In Doha I didn't hang out at the lounge as there is a mall and a French bar I liked inside the terminal. If it's anything like the flight service I'd recommend them above all, easily.

1st class lounge will help skip a bunch of crazy lines of Persian like savages when they get to destination too. I bet I skipped 2 hours of chaos in line each time

I don’t do it, but it’s there for a reason and if someone does it to me, I don’t blame them, it’s there perogative. People who think they can police other people’s behaviour are scum.
I don’t like it if people talk in movies, but that’s the chance you take when you’re in a public space.
thats f ucking retarded. so someone can kick your seat at the movies and yo u are fine wi th it? also. right before the movie they play rules on screen to not talk..put your phone on silent, etc.. there are rules..that guy overreacted but she is a piece of shit also.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Apologies I missed the Portugal part. Imo and experience this airways is Arabs showing off, it's all luxury and always great. But again even outside of Qatar airways I've never been an airport lounge guy (even tho I sometimes wound up with passes) I go wander around the airport and check out a bar or two

1/4 recline is ok, full recline and you get dealt with

People who fully recline are ignorant and feel entitled....they need to be smashed in the face unless they beg me nicely and buy me several drinks up front, that I have no problem with. Be courteous and people won’t have to bounce your seat back and forth.....

Entitled pussies....same pussies who think they can drive how they want and drive like an idiot and think their car is a force field protecting them
I'd stand up and slap the shit out of you.

another portuguese guy on here i see