is nick done?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i hope hes not done but just rage quits for a while again

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I posted this thought in another thread......

My latest theory on Nick is;

He's fed up with mma/ufc in it's current state and will gladly fight for a BIG check then and take the next year off(suspension) where he can do the things he loves without worrying about EGG pressuring him to take crap fights and then dragging his name through the mud if he turns them down.

He can make 7 figures, take a year or two off and by the time his suspension is up, the desire of the fans to see him fight again will be back at a fever pitch prompting Zuffa to give him another fight. SEE>>>Needle Mover

Hoping for selfish reasons he will fight again, following a year or two vacation(aka "retirement")

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
seekntruth;14732 said:
I posted this thought in another thread......

My latest theory on Nick is;

He's fed up with mma/ufc in it's current state and will gladly fight for a BIG check then and take the next year off(suspension) where he can do the things he loves without worrying about EGG pressuring him to take crap fights and then dragging his name through the mud if he turns them down.

He can make 7 figures, take a year or two off and by the time his suspension is up, the desire of the fans to see him fight again will be back at a fever pitch prompting Zuffa to give him another fight. SEE>>>Needle Mover

Hoping for selfish reasons he will fight again, following a year or two vacation(aka "retirement")
Nail on the head

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i am interested to see if they both get banned the same time frame and then what will the UFC do, But i think nick was done before he fought Silva, just wanted a going out payday

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
All he wanted was his big pay days and he def got a few so im sure unless he gets a title shot he is done, but shit maybe he will lol.

Jan 29, 2015
Mad Dog;n14739 said:
As a fan I'm done with his nonsense. Just retire.
This. It doesn't bother me that much, I just don't care to see it anymore. He isn't bringing anything special to MMA anymore so whether he continues or not is pretty irrelevant to me.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
gasper oliver son;n14834 said:
This. It doesn't bother me that, I just don't care to see it anymore. He isn't bringing anything special to MMA anymore so whether he continues or not is pretty irrelevant to me.
Except in the BJ fight he hasnt really shown anything on the feet or on the ground. Unless you just sit back and let him T off on you he isnt really able to do anything it seems. In SF he was awesome to watch. I guess you need to give him a striker that will literally just stand right in front of him and they can trade blows. Maybe Matt Brown?

Jan 29, 2015
Pitbull3744;n14837 said:
Except in the BJ fight he hasnt really shown anything on the feet or on the ground. Unless you just sit back and let him T off on you he isnt really able to do anything it seems. In SF he was awesome to watch. I guess you need to give him a striker that will literally just stand right in front of him and they can trade blows. Maybe Matt Brown?

Agreed. He just doesn't seem to have the will anymore. Part of the excitement is feeling like the guys in the fight actually care. Diaz vs Gomi or Daley were incredible fights. Everything he's done in the UFC since his return has just felt like he wasn't even trying. Couple that with a corner that tells him he wins every round he fights and it just makes it tough to keep wanting to see more Diaz fights against top competition.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
gasper oliver son;n14839 said:
Agreed. He just doesn't seem to have the will anymore. Part of the excitement is feeling like the guys in the fight actually care. Diaz vs Gomi or Daley were incredible fights. Everything he's done in the UFC since his return has just felt like he wasn't even trying. Couple that with a corner that tells him he wins every round he fights and it just makes it tough to keep wanting to see more Diaz fights against top competition.

Also Diaz said in the PFPC that there was a problem with his trainer, and iirc he seems to have said that quite a few times, i wonder what that is all about?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Diaz has nothing to prove, but I will always watch his fights. He is an outlier, different, a distraction and I hesitate to say a spectacle. Spectacles are great and personally I feel that any Diaz fan, that is also critical of CM Punk is a hypocrite. They aren't exactly the same for obvious reasons, but there really wasn't a sporting argument to make for Nick Diaz to fight Anderson Silva, the ex champ from a weight class above, but was it compelling tv, hell yes it was. It won't be on the same level of competitiveness, but will CM Punk's debut be interesting, hell yes it will be. I watched last Saturday and as an MMA fan, I will be waiting for CM Punk's debut eagerly.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Zeph;n14897 said:
Diaz has nothing to prove, but I will always watch his fights. He is an outlier, different, a distraction and I hesitate to say a spectacle. Spectacles are great and personally I feel that any Diaz fan, that is also critical of CM Punk is a hypocrite. They aren't exactly the same for obvious reasons, but there really wasn't a sporting argument to make for Nick Diaz to fight Anderson Silva, the ex champ from a weight class above, but was it compelling tv, hell yes it was. It won't be on the same level of competitiveness, but will CM Punk's debut be interesting, hell yes it will be. I watched last Saturday and as an MMA fan, I will be waiting for CM Punk's debut eagerly.
Bravo! VU sir.

Fiend

Evil All The Time
Feb 3, 2015
To me, it seems like he's fighting to get paid, and if he happens to win by judges dec, then great. But, I don't see him trying to finish the fight and win decisevly. He would rather talk in the cage and do other things besides fight. Especially on a pay per view, I'm not paying to see that. I've met Nick before and he is a very nice person, but that gimmick doesn't work anymore for me. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Zeph;14897 said:
I agree. Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Fiend;15120 said:
To me, it seems like he's fighting to get paid, and if he happens to win by judges dec, then great. But, I don't see him trying to finish the fight and win decisevly. He would rather talk in the cage and do other things besides fight. Especially on a pay per view, I'm not paying to see that. I've met Nick before and he is a very nice person, but that gimmick doesn't work anymore for me. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.
I don't agree that he doesn't come to fight or finish. I think he always comes to fight and finish (BJ Penn for example). I just think he's fighting the elite and most them want to point fight Nick, versus trade in the pocket.

I do agree that he's only fighting for the money though. He's stated numerous times that he doesn't like fighting, and he doesn't like BLAF or The UFC. I think he would rather train, do triathlons and smoke bud.

I will always be a fan of his though. I respect people that do things their own way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I don't think he's done fighting. He is still young, we will likely see him again. He made a shit load of money and will probably take more time off to do his triathlon stuff, but I think he will be back. He may not like fighting, but everyone likes money. At some point he will get offered another big name and big payday. He's always gonna train and be in shape, it's just a matter of what name and how many zero's are on the offer.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think he's getting worse as he's getting older with his anxiety. He quits smoking as much to fight but he no-shows all over and becomes harder to work with. He's not going to get better.

I love to see him fight but he's going to be more difficult to work with and I wonder how much longer he can play his game before he's not worth the money to the UFC or other promotions.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dougie;n15239 said:
I think he's getting worse as he's getting older with his anxiety. He quits smoking as much to fight but he no-shows all over and becomes harder to work with. He's not going to get better.

I love to see him fight but he's going to be more difficult to work with and I wonder how much longer he can play his game before he's not worth the money to the UFC or other promotions.
Well hopefully they fire him if it comes to that point...instead of shelving him and not allow him to make a living elsewhere.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The crap thing is that the UFC will not let him out of a contract. No way. Nick and other fighters should be allowed to make their living elsewhere while fighting for them but instead they make them sit and wait.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Nick is 31 add the minimum suspension of 2 years and he is 33, thats too old to return.