General Is Stevie Wonder really blind?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
What do you think?

I saw some footage where he caught a mic that was falling. No blind man could have done it under normal circumstances, so I don’t know.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
In 2019, Shaquille O’Neal also offered a curious anecdote on an episode of Inside the NBA. Co-hosts urged him to recount the time he stood unannounced next to Wonder at an elevator bank in their Los Angeles apartment building. According to the basketball star, Wonder could see him and asked “What’s up Shaq? How you doin’ big dawg?”

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Stevie was trained by Stick and the Chaste.
With this training you can be vigilante Stevie, travel the world completing assassinations and fight against the hand from destroying the world!!!!!

"Nawwwww fuck all that, I'm going to make music smash dimes"

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
In 2019, Shaquille O’Neal also offered a curious anecdote on an episode of Inside the NBA. Co-hosts urged him to recount the time he stood unannounced next to Wonder at an elevator bank in their Los Angeles apartment building. According to the basketball star, Wonder could see him and asked “What’s up Shaq? How you doin’ big dawg?”
Legally blind doesn't mean "can't see anything", let's face it if you see a blurry shape the size of Shaquille O'Neal approach you it's probably not too hard to guess who it is.

Either that, or his other senses have become sharpened, and he felt the earth tremors as Shaq approached.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Either that, or his other senses have become sharpened, and he felt the earth tremors as Shaq approached.
It's not hard to know people for example by their walking sounds - or smell.
Shaq being as unique as he is prolly isn't hard to pick out by other senses.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
It's not hard to know people for example by their walking sounds - or smell.
Shaq being as unique as he is prolly isn't hard to pick out by other senses.
Shaq weighs over 300 pounds.

I assume they if he "stood next" to Wonder in an apartment building's elevator bank, that (particularly if he's wearing hard soled shoes on a non-carpeted floor) plus the sound of his breathing coming from a full foot above where it comes from a normal male, would probably be enough to clue a blind person in to realise "oh hey, this is probably the 7 foot tall, over 300 pound basketball legend who lives in the same building as me."

??

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Shaq weighs over 300 pounds.

I assume they if he "stood next" to Wonder in an apartment building's elevator bank, that (particularly if he's wearing hard soled shoes on a non-carpeted floor) plus the sound of his breathing coming from a full foot above where it comes from a normal male, would probably be enough to clue a blind person in to realise "oh hey, this is probably the 7 foot tall, over 300 pound basketball legend who lives in the same building as me."

??
It's probably more plausible that Shaq was talking before he got in the elevator and Stevie heard his voice.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I reckon the government gave her super soldier syrum