Is there a move that you've never caught?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I never managed to get a basic kneebar in rolling. It's weird to me since I once hit a victors roll in a tourney.

M

member 603

I've never caught most gi chokes due to lack of time served in gi. Also never caught a flying triangle which I dream of.
Every guy over 170 pounds and 30 years of age dreams of flying triangles..... I swear I'm going to catch one someday.... I may be 60 and cripple myself doing it, but BAAAH GAAAAH I'll get it

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
I've hit everything that I've tried, usually because I'm stubborn & wont stop until I eventually get it. I haven't tried any flying techniques. Too afraid. The flashiest move I've hit so far is the Iminari Roll to heel hook.

hip locks.
I never seem to be able to isolate my opponent's torso enough....any flying shit, I never even go for it...

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Pitbull9 @Pitbull3744 @Jumping kevins bones Report @Kaladin Stormblessed @blank @Miesha's Taint Carbazel @Carbazel Phuckles @Phuckles HEATH VON DOOM @HEATH VON DOOM leggwith2gs @leggwith2gs Star-Lord @Star-Lord anything to add? SAJ @SAJ as the newest guy training, I am interested if there are things you've caught that we haven't
Huh how am I just seeing this thread? You ever heard of a monoplata (sp) ? I caught this on someone about a week ago.

Triangles are obviously common but how common is a Triangle from back control? I catch these quite often. Tuck in the arm, the guy will post on the other arm then swing around and triangle on the arm that's posting out.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Never hit anything from De La Riva or XGuard. My legs are too thick and short is my best guess as to why. I would go to open mats or even rolling at the end of class with the mindset of trying the techniques every chance I had and i would just get fucking smashed.

Its pretty sad because watching someone with a good grasp of these are alot of fun to watch.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah man I can't fucking ever lock in a triangle choke ever! It's my short big legs lol. I really really like that move also because I have quick legs and strong hips but can't wrap them.
I've been training for a pretty long time and I don't think I've ever finished a triangle.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Caught a big guy today in a triangle from underneath his side control. I know armbar from the same position too