Lifestyle Is there a sobriety thread here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I don’t talk to a lot of people in the real world about my sobriety. Many of my friends don’t know. I don’t like making it a “thing” in my relationships with my best friends or family. I know I can always talk to them but I try to reserve that for times I need support or someone to just let me talk about what’s going on in my head. I talk to my wife the most out of anyone but I don’t like celebrating milestones with her because I feel guilty remembering why I needed to change in the first place. What I’m trying to say is, I don’t have many people that I want or choose to share milestones with, but I feel like telling someone, so thanks for indulging me. Today marks one and a half years since my final drink. I have a long way to go and a lot more work to do to become the man I want to be, but this is a point I never imagined I would ever reach, so I’m taking the opportunity to acknowledge it.

I hope everyone else on this path is faring well

512C123C-DCCB-4652-B438-CDAA379514FF.jpeg

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I don’t talk to a lot of people in the real world about my sobriety. Many of my friends don’t know. I don’t like making it a “thing” in my relationships with my best friends or family. I know I can always talk to them but I try to reserve that for times I need support or someone to just let me talk about what’s going on in my head. I talk to my wife the most out of anyone but I don’t like celebrating milestones with her because I feel guilty remembering why I needed to change in the first place. What I’m trying to say is, I don’t have many people that I want or choose to share milestones with, but I feel like telling someone, so thanks for indulging me. Today marks one and a half years since my final drink. I have a long way to go and a lot more work to do to become the man I want to be, but this is a point I never imagined I would ever reach, so I’m taking the opportunity to acknowledge it.

View attachment 69064
It’s serendipitous in a way that I see this post today. As someone who has been sober for 3 and a half years at one point, another year and a half at another, it’s a better way to live. Sadly, I haven’t been living that way for a while. My wife brought up how she doesn’t like to be around me when I drink, and that really hit hard for me. Today is day one for me.

Congratulations on your hard work Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz I’m stoked for you, man.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

View attachment 69064
that's fuckin awesome. it's also confusing though

if you are able to do something this impressive, why do you suck at everything else?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

View attachment 69064
Keep it up my man.
images.png