Lifestyle Is there a sobriety thread here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Good Morning Sunshine

Hawaiian Blues
Jan 5, 2019
I've got about 20 hours.
:confused:
Hey that's better than negative hours!

What steps are you taking to maintain sobriety?

Meetings /12step program?
Exercise?
Prayer ?
Talking to another alcoholic?
Giving hope to another?

If you aren't doing these things, try doing them!

"if nothing changes, then nothing changes"

Try something new. It's scary and fucking hard. But it is possible. If a scrub like me can string together a few years anyone can. I'm an alcoholic of the hopeless variety

Pm me for my number if you need to talk outside of the forum

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Last night, I hit 1 year sober from alcohol. Thank the Lord!

I never thought this would be possible. It hasn't always been easy but it was the best decision I have ever made. While I have a long ways to go and a lot of work on myself left to be done, I wanted to post this for anyone who may be where I was. I won't go into everything here but I would be happy to chat with anyone struggling with the grip drinking has on them. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need someone to talk to.

thumbnail_image0.png

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

I never thought this would be possible. It hasn't always been easy but it was the best decision I have ever made. While I have a long ways to go and a lot of work on myself left to be done, I wanted to post this for anyone who may be where I was. I won't go into everything here but I would be happy to chat with anyone struggling with the grip drinking has on them. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need someone to talk to.

View attachment 53745
Nice one

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

View attachment 53745

this is very impressive. you should be happy. but its confusing...

if you have been sober for an entire year, how much longer do you think it will be until you stopping acting like an asshole?

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

View attachment 53745

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Admitted to myself recently that I need to change after putting it off for far too long.

I start home detox on Monday.

I'll be doing my best.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Already did my mate....They have done a program for me and I get daily visits from the nurse and peer worker.

Thx Throb.
I went in several months ago to get it over and done with and they put me in what I later found out was the crisis ward. “We’ll just do some random checks on you”. Every 30-40 minutes checking on me. I slept pretty well. They didn’t tell me that’s where I was going but I saw on the discharge paperwork “Crisis center” and thought “fuck, I must have been in deep trouble aftrr all those tests they gave me”.

I will never touch the shit again. I don’t count days, don’t want to because I’ll probably think “it’s only been XX days??”.

I just avoid the places and habits I got into. My ex girl who I’m staying with drinks but I don’t think about it. It’s not worth it anymore.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
I went in several months ago to get it over and done with and they put me in what I later found out was the crisis ward. “We’ll just do some random checks on you”. Every 30-40 minutes checking on me. I slept pretty well. They didn’t tell me that’s where I was going but I saw on the discharge paperwork “Crisis center” and thought “fuck, I must have been in deep trouble aftrr all those tests they gave me”.

I will never touch the shit again. I don’t count days, don’t want to because I’ll probably think “it’s only been XX days??”.

I just avoid the places and habits I got into. My ex girl who I’m staying with drinks but I don’t think about it. It’s not worth it anymore.
Great news bro...We have spent a lot of drunk nights chatting and I knew you needed help as much as I do... I'm having daily tests and have the missus at home with me aswell as my daughter. They are giving me Valium etc to use and then ween off...The whole process takes a aweek and then it's all on me.

Really glad you're well mate.

Thx for the concern brother.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Great news bro...We have spent a lot of drunk nights chatting and I knew you needed help as much as I do... I'm having daily tests and have the missus at home with me aswell as my daughter. They are giving me Valium etc to use and then ween off...The whole process takes a aweek and then it's all on me.

Really glad you're well mate.

Thx for the concern brother.
Stay Strong Miesha's Taint @Miesha's Taint - if you need any help or advice hit me up anytime ...you can beat this...time for a positive transition in your life ..you got this shit!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0qKADtDtnA4

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I had a wake-up call a couple years ago.
I'm significantly richer in more than one way for quitting that lifestyle, one where one thing led to another.
I wholeheartedly believe God literally put His hand up and said "stop".
Now I'm at least authoritative in helping others change.
My cousin is literally in my backyard in a tent detoxing.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Getting sober is no joke, and it's a continuing lifelong journey. All the respect for those who find the strength in themselves and the support networks to get themselves on that path.

??

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I wanna congratulate you guys for getting sober. It is not an easy thing to do but it will improve your life in so many ways.
As I have said before on the forum, I am straight edge but I have many family members and friends that have suffered from alcohol addiction and have even lost some amazing people to it.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

View attachment 53745
Admitted to myself recently that I need to change after putting it off for far too long.

I start home detox on Monday.

I'll be doing my best.

Jesus Christ, there’s a lot of drunks on this board, me included.
If you guys need an ear, just PM me. It’s a rough road but it’s less treacherous when you have support.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks mate.

Detox starts today....Not gonna be easy but I'm on board.

:)
It’s not bad if you remain positive keep in mind why you are doing it. It’s always for the better. They had me on Librium for the first few days.
Everyone’s journey through sobriety is different so I don’t like to offer any hardcore advice, but I’m always willing to listen and share my thoughts. If there’s one thing I know about addicts is that we love to talk about ourselves.
Stick close to those that truly care about you and your well-being and avoid those that are uncomfortable with the changes you are making.

Changing your life for the better is an exciting time and never feel to proud to
ask for help.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
1st 24 hours done.

Feel better today already....I know I've got a long way to go but I'm ready for this shit for the first time in my life.

Just keeping this thread updated for anyone else wanting to abstain or just take it easy on alcohol a bit more.

Much love fuckers

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
1st 24 hours done.

Feel better today already....I know I've got a long way to go but I'm ready for this shit for the first time in my life.

Just keeping this thread updated for anyone else wanting to abstain or just take it easy on alcohol a bit more.

Much love fuckers
That's awesome man. You got this.

I'm not cold turkey, but I've definitely scaled way back for the last month or so. Got tired of feeling like shit in the morning. I took off work today so I could get some shit done around the house. Spent the day with a chainsaw, cutting up brush and burning it. That's usually a recipe for all-day beers, but today I just had water. I feel great. And it's even better knowing that tomorrow the only thing hurting on me will by my muscles from putting in a hard day's work.

Best of luck, bro.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
That's awesome man. You got this.

I'm not cold turkey, but I've definitely scaled way back for the last month or so. Got tired of feeling like shit in the morning. I took off work today so I could get some shit done around the house. Spent the day with a chainsaw, cutting up brush and burning it. That's usually a recipe for all-day beers, but today I just had water. I feel great. And it's even better knowing that tomorrow the only thing hurting on me will by my muscles from putting in a hard day's work.

Best of luck, bro.
Awesome stuff mate...Best of luck back at ya.

It feels great to not be hungover.... I forgot what it felt like.