General Is this the most universally loved cookie in the world?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No one actually likes those cookies. They are just the cheap thing people bring to the office party.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I have to disagree with this based on a couple of points. First place is actually private label by a very large times over to oreo and those blue tin cookies are often made by dozens if not hundreds different makers and they would be under the private label division.

Second Oreos are made differently abroad. They have Oreo in Korea and it's not as sweet. If you serve a Korean who likes Korean Oreo an American Oreo they would not really be the same so I feel that's kind of cheating by Oreo to say it's most loved cookie when their cookie taste different around the world.

The blue tin cookies on the other hand you can serve to a mainlanders the American sold cookie and they will think it taste good.
Koreans love Korean Oreos, Americans love American Oreos...ask Americans or Koreans what cookie they love, and the answer is Oreos.

Please amend OP to "Are these the most loved cookies in the world based on my previously unstated and debatable definition of what it means to love a cookie"

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No one actually likes those cookies. They are just the cheap thing people bring to the office party.
they are good though

you should know that...shitty cookie is better than no cookie

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I stand by my declaration that they #1 immigrant friendly cookie in America. Particularly visible minorities from the Pacific rim esp.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
A girl I work with is from Eritrea she always brings bland generic shit like that in to work.
So Banchan, Isch's Argin babysitter and Eritea girl all agree here.

The blue tin cookies are your best bet when entertaining minorities with boxed cookies. See you can learn stuff when we all come together over the web and share ideas.:japanesedolls::soccerball::rice:

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
So Banchan, Isch's Argin babysitter and Eritea girl all agree here.

The blue tin cookies are your best bet when entertaining minorities with boxed cookies. See you can learn stuff when we all come together over the web and share ideas.:japanesedolls::soccerball::rice:
Idk if that is her preference or if she is cheap. She makes a fuck ton of money and sends most of it back to Africa. She spends almost nothing on herself.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Idk if that is her preference or if she is cheap. She makes a fuck ton of money and sends most of it back to Africa. She spends almost nothing on herself.
I looked up Eritrea Sweets and I'm strongly leaning toward preference.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Hmm...is this a universal concept?
Need more input.

Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony
Not in my experience but I’ll double check with my wife.

Those cookies suck, but the tin is great for a ghetto BBQ stove or shipping heroin across provinces.
I'm attending a college loaded with Asians however.
I will stock up on these and put invitation cards on them to my fight parties.
Cookie “Fight parties” eh?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Not in my experience but I’ll double check with my wife.

Cookie “Fight parties” eh?

They even make their own !! That is a definate yes. In other asians we just buy the American version in blue tin but filipinos actually make their own.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I like standard home made chocolate chip...crispy

But I will enjoy a buttery sugar cookie if my life depends on it
It is theoretically supposed to be a shortbread.

Made of poorer ingredients.
But the mild taste is why the poorer version is such a hit with foreigners. True shortbread is dense, salty and strong buttery. The false version is much lighter in all aspects.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I found this on wikipedia

Danish butter cookiesEdit
Denmark is a notable exporter of butter cookies for many years, in particular to the US and Asia. They are made in many varieties and exported, industrial produced butter cookies are typically packed and sold in tin boxes.[3]

So 1. They are traditionally known from Denmark.

2. Asia is a "in particular" export to along with United States.

I think this is further evidence now that this very liked cookie with many Asians and not just me.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
did you mean loathed instead of loved?

oreos are pretty universal and chocolate chip cookies.