Society Is Trump the Dumbest President Ever?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Trump = Dumbest U.S. President Eva?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Paris Hilton is rich......
She's supposed to actually be pretty smart. I know a trustworthy dude who had business dealings with her (yes, just business dealings) who says he anticipated she'd be nothing like her public persona but even still was shocked at how intelligent she was.

Anyway, you are trying to reason with a guy who thinks inheriting wealth makes you smart. Might as well try to reason with a bathtub.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
She's supposed to actually be pretty smart. I know a trustworthy dude who had business dealings with her (yes, just business dealings) who says he anticipated she'd be nothing like her public persona but even still was shocked at how intelligent she was.

Anyway, you are trying to reason with a guy who thinks inheriting wealth makes you smart. Might as well try to reason with a bathtub.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
He's a lot of things, dumb is not one of them.
He's without a doubt the most driven, and likely among the smartest.
If you wanna shit on him, I wouldn't try and put his intelligence on stand.
Tact would be a far more successful attribute to target.
He's definitely shrewd, but calling him driven is a major overstatement. That implies purpose.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Probably the most smartest and driven president of all time

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's definitely shrewd, but calling him driven is a major overstatement. That implies purpose.
The entirety of the DNC has stated the same.
It's not even my opinion, it's observable fact.
And it started long before he had an (r) next to his name or took a stab at President.

Hillary was rightful heir as Queen of the corporatic mona-oligarchy, and Trump lived up to his namesake walking on the heads of establishment deep state repubs and bitch slapped America.
And he did it with a wife whose tits are available to the world by google, e-grabbing pussies in a #metoo virtue war, swimming agaist a media current so blatantly triggered, there schtick as "news" is exposed to the American conscious forever.

To imply he has no purpose is intellectually dishonest.
Even if one were to believe *the purpose is ego* , it still exists.
It doesn't even require concession.

The time, effort, fortitude and tactical operation needed to run and win that election will be analyzed for generations.
There will college courses dedicated to it, that's how matter-of-fact it is.

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
“Since the founding of our nation, many of our greatest strides, from gaining our independence to abolition of civil rights, to extending the vote for women, have been led by people of faith and started in prayer.” -Trump at the National Prayer Breakfast

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
“Since the founding of our nation, many of our greatest strides, from gaining our independence to abolition of civil rights, to extending the vote for women, have been led by people of faith and started in prayer.” -Trump at the National Prayer Breakfast
Came to post this. :tearsofjoy:
Brain broken? Or teleprompter broken? Or racist filter broken?

M

member 3289

Zero chance Trump wins re-election. Too many people are #woke

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The entirety of the DNC has stated the same.
It's not even my opinion, it's observable fact.
And it started long before he had an (r) next to his name or took a stab at President.

Hillary was rightful heir as Queen of the corporatic mona-oligarchy, and Trump lived up to his namesake walking on the heads of establishment deep state repubs and bitch slapped America.
And he did it with a wife whose tits are available to the world by google, e-grabbing pussies in a #metoo virtue war, swimming agaist a media current so blatantly triggered, there schtick as "news" is exposed to the American conscious forever.

To imply he has no purpose is intellectually dishonest.
Even if one were to believe *the purpose is ego* , it still exists.
It doesn't even require concession.

The time, effort, fortitude and tactical operation needed to run and win that election will be analyzed for generations.
There will college courses dedicated to it, that's how matter-of-fact it is.
The time and effort he spent in his winning was notoriously minimal. I can tell you because I study it already. His operation wasn't really that sophisticated. But it was really successful. There are a number of comingling reasons why outside the usual horse race tropes, but they're not worth rehearsing here.

When I say he lacks drive, I mean still to this day there isn't a lot of coherence to his agenda. He's not much of a process guy, which is fine because not every President before him has been. I'll agree with you that he's driven to defeat his opponents, and that's certainly a substantial portion of politics, but drive in governance isn't measured by opposition as much as political programs. He's mostly delegated his policy work to the GOP leadership and occasionally gone on digressions that seem uniquely his like the North Korea actions, albeit with little up front planning and no as yet discernible long or even medium term goals. To me, that's indicative of a reactive style of governance more than drive.

When it comes to actual policy, Trump is downright lazy. His staffers talk about him constantly waving away details and asking for very short high concepts or oral explanations so he can avoid reading. Assuming he has a competent staff that's fine because he can be advised sufficiently, but there has also of course notoriously been a lot of staff turnover in part due to frictions brought about by this lazy governing style. This same laziness has been marked by other world leaders in attempted policy deliberations with him. He routinely has entered conversations ill prepared and shows a contempt for the prep, which is why he has stumbled into revealing classified information on a handful of occasions. I think we can agree that what separates driven people is they prepare. Improvisers rarely sustain anything. Even the people history remembers for having an improvisational style are assiduous preparers. We call them driven.

As far as his rhetoric is concerned he's skilled at animating segments of the population and he does seem to prepare more than I think people would grant. He's good at resonating with things that feel like they're part of some people's everyday lives. He also knows how to read the energy of crowds well. But those I'd argue are his talents more than anything he works especially hard on. If you want to look at worker bee Presidents you can look at Nixon or Johnson. Both of them were involved in everything, which ultimately led to both of their undoing. Trump isn't in the same category, nor does he have to be, but this idea that he's this tireless tenacious leader is part of the mythology he's crafted around himself. It wasn't really true in the Trump organization for the last decade or so and it certainly hasn't been true in this presidency.