General Is Your Life Returning to Normal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Are restaurants and stores opening in your area?
Are your parks, beaches, etc..back to normal?

Tonight I'm taking the wife out for our first sushi date night in months.
Next week we are hitting one of our favorite chop houses.

I think the only thing different is we are taking our guns
in case some looter thinks he has a right to my chilled chardonnay.
He does not. I would shoot him in the face.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yea, things are getting back to normal in Texas. We took the day off tomorrow to go fishing all day, maybe we will pull up to a lake side restaurant for some lunch, who knows.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
AZ had the largest single-day new case count yesterday...2 weeks after they relaxed restrictions.

looks like we're returning to March 2020 version of 'normal'.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Yea, things are getting back to normal in Texas. We took the day off tomorrow to go fishing all day, maybe we will pull up to a lake side restaurant for some lunch, who knows.
That sounds like a perfect day.

The wife was wanting to SUP on Saturday, but I think we'll have shit weather.

We have a new shrimp etouffee recipe for Saturday night though, and will pair it with a new Chablis!
Very exciting stuff!

Le Chat Noir
©

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
AZ had the largest single-day new case count yesterday...2 weeks after they relaxed restrictions.

i can see the same thing happening here. My County didn’t follow the state recommendations. Out leadership decided the State was too relaxed and made ours a little more strict. We finally started loosening up and people are acting like there was never a virus. I see people packed together on sidewalks downtown.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Pfft.

I don't believe a fucking word of what's being reported anymore. Everyone has an agenda - truth be damned.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020

Uggh that is such bullshit. Keep the elderly, fat, and sickly home, and let the rest of us get on with it.

I do not like old people! They park their carts sideways, they stand in doorways, they smell bad, etc...

Le Chat Noir
©

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Uggh that is such bullshit. Keep the elderly, fat, and sickly home, and let the rest of us get on with it.

Le Chat Noir
©
that doesn't work. Hospitals still get saturated and when you're in a car wreck you die because there aren't enough resources.
Also, it doesn't seem like you've been paying much attention to what this disease does or the life-long impacts to healthy young people who don't die from it.

If you're the kind of person who assesses the risk of this disease and finds it to be low risk, Natural Selection will not be kind to you.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Pfft.

I don't believe a fucking word of what's being reported anymore. Everyone has an agenda - truth be damned.
that's the kind of thing people say when they're tired of defending indefensible ideas.
;)

Truth is always hidden, obscured by overt and subvert agendas. Thriving in the Information Age means being able to differentiate data and see Truth.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i can see the same thing happening here. My County didn’t follow the state recommendations. Out leadership decided the State was too relaxed and made ours a little more strict. We finally started loosening up and people are acting like there was never a virus. I see people packed together on sidewalks downtown.
I see it a lot down here, too. The virus didn't go anywhere. If summer colds are a thing, summer COVID is a thing.

I'm going to huff tree pollen and wear a mask...just so people stay away from the sniffling sneeze-monster with a mask on.

on the other hand, my friends and neighbors are emailing me and asking my daughter to make them masks. Contact Tracing, masks, public sanitation. Simple solution to a complex problem.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
that doesn't work. Hospitals still get saturated and when you're in a car wreck you die because there aren't enough resources.
Also, it doesn't seem like you've been paying much attention to what this disease does or the life-long impacts to healthy young people who don't die from it.

If you're the kind of person who assesses the risk of this disease and finds it to be low risk, Natural Selection will not be kind to you.
Hospitals are not saturated with young healthy people, that has proven false.
Yes, I've read of what it "can" do. The effect is still minimal as is the percentage affected.

You cannot shut down the world and have everyone sit home because of a disease.
People get sick and die there is no avoiding that. People also must work and carry on with their lives.
If you need a bubble then maybe we can start a go fund me.

Le Chat Noir
©

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Hospitals are not saturated with young healthy people, that has proven false.
Yes, I've read of what it "can" do. The effect is still minimal as is the percentage affected.

You cannot shut down the world and have everyone sit home because of a disease.
People get sick and die there is no avoiding that. People also must work and carry on with their lives.
If you need a bubble then maybe we can start a go fund me.

Le Chat Noir
©
young people die at a greater rate of all causes when hospitals are saturated with COVID patients.

contact tracing, masks, and public sanitation are not "shutting down the world".
See also Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Czech Republic, Iceland, etc.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
young people die at a greater rate of all causes when hospitals are saturated with COVID patients.

contact tracing, masks, and public sanitation are not "shutting down the world".
You're right, we haven't been on shutdown.
Millions haven't lost their jobs, businesses haven't gone under, people haven't been told to stay home, the economy hasn't been brought to a sreeching halt.

Le Chat Noir
©

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
52M Americans over age 65
20% hospitalization rate for COVID
10M Americans need hospital beds

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You're right, we haven't been on shutdown.
Millions haven't lost their jobs, businesses haven't gone under, people haven't been told to stay home, the economy hasn't been brought to a sreeching halt.

Le Chat Noir
©
we went from irrational denial to irrational over-reaction. I can't believe I had to explain that.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
we went from irrational denial to irrational over-reaction. I can't believe I had to explain that.
Who denied anything? The only one being irrational is you people with your hand-wringing.
We know the risks vs rewards now that the results are in and most of us want to get back to normal.

Stay in your bubble, snowflake.

Le Chat Noir
©

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Who denied anything? The only one being irrational is you people with your hand-wringing.
We know the risks vs rewards now that the results are in and most of us want to get back to normal.

Stay in your bubble, snowflake.

Le Chat Noir
©
contact tracing, masks, and public sanitation are not 'living in a bubble'

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Are restaurants and stores opening in your area?
Are your parks, beaches, etc..back to normal?

Tonight I'm taking the wife out for our first sushi date night in months.
Next week we are hitting one of our favorite chop houses.

I think the only thing different is we are taking our guns
in case some looter thinks he has a right to my chilled chardonnay.
He does not. I would shoot him in the face.

Le Chat Noir
©
No, you aren't.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
contact tracing, masks, and public sanitation are not 'living in a bubble'

It seems a lot of liberals are autistic. Exactly where are you on the spectrum?

We did shut down the world, based on people like you being hyperbolic freaks. That's a fact.

Le Chat Noir
©

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Just as a heads up, 2 weeks lag time is kind of nonsense and it makes sense that you'd see a spike 2 weeks after restrictions.