Society Israel in turmoil over bill allowing Jews and Arabs to be segregated

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I’m not an expert but most of the conflicts have historically stemmed from Lebanon sheltering members of the PLO.

The Israelis backed a militant group in the civil war of the 70s-90s I think.

Hezbollah consolidated power and the two most recent clashes have been with them. In the second one it began with Hezbollah firing rockets into Israel but I’m not sure about the first.

Lebanon did sit out the six day war but contributed a small force to the 1948 war.
thanks

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
it is interesting
kinda reminded me of the french folks carving out spots in Vietnam in that scene from the extended version of Apocalypse Now
I admire you guys that remember scenes and quotes. I rarely watch a movie more than once and can’t remember small details like that. From that movie I remember a crazy Brando, a beach scene. Maybe a stabbing in a hotel? That’s about it but it was a great movie. If I try to remember I think a guy was sent there to bring Brando back but I could be wrong.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You calling me emotional?!?!?
no...just more educated and invested in the topic
some get emotional about it for sure...I don't think I have seen that from you

Always wanted to visit that region but seems like a lot of Warring and bad vibes...I doubt anybody over there would be that friendly to a guy like me anyways

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I admire you guys that remember scenes and quotes. I rarely watch a movie more than once and can’t remember small details like that. From that movie I remember a crazy Brando, a beach scene. Maybe a stabbing in a hotel? That’s about it but it was a great movie. If I try to remember I think a guy was sent there to bring Brando back but I could be wrong.
Sheen punched a mirror while on an acid trip or drunk and cut himself on the glass in hotel at beginning of film.

Duval wants to see the Pro surfer/Soldier surf so takes over a beach and tries to fuck up a village so they can catch a few waves.

Brando was really fat so they had to shoot the movie with him lying down mostly, he was literally kind of insane anyways so they just Filmed him rambling and being weird.

M

member 1013

no...just more educated and invested in the topic
some get emotional about it for sure...I don't think I have seen that from you

Always wanted to visit that region but seems like a lot of Warring and bad vibes...I doubt anybody over there would be that friendly to a guy like me anyways
agreed
I am trying to keep people busy

A lot of my posts are a form of experimenting and gathering information via reactions and responses.
I’m at work Bruv. Doing executive jewy type things.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Sheen punched a mirror while on an acid trip or drunk and cut himself on the glass in hotel at beginning of film.

Duval wants to see the Pro surfer/Soldier surf so takes over a beach and tries to fuck up a village so they can catch a few waves.

Brando was really fat so they had to shoot the movie with him lying down mostly, he was literally kind of insane anyways so they just Filmed him rambling and being weird.
Jesus I totally forgot Sheen was in it despite him talking about it every chance he gets. Yes now I remember the surf scene.

Jan 21, 2015
I haven’t a clue. I’m sure the IDF just decided to “kidnap” a kid. Makes total sense right?
You have a point, many of such videos are without context

But a 10 year old kid is a 10 year old kid, no? What context could you come up with where 20 armed soldiers have to gang up and physically rip a child from his family at gunpoint and drag him away terrified, crying while keeping old ladies at bay with force?

Imagine the trauma a young child will suffer by being attacked by a horde of soldiers, kidnapped and thrown in a truck and taken away to god knows where for god knows how long. Even if the kid was throwing rocks, or maybe even has some info on more dangerous folk, its nasty imo/heartless. How can anyone of conscious do such a thing?

The point of these vids it would seem to me that basic human rights/child abuse conventions do not apply to Israeli soldiers.

I have watched other frightful testimony of ex Israeli soldiers confessing the training and actions they committed of this nature. There is also much info available on Palestinian children being taken and detained, very young.

What sort of oversight applies here to enforce humane treatment of children? I see none

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018

But a 10 year old kid is a 10 year old kid, no? What context could you come up with where 20 armed soldiers have to gang up and physically rip a child from his family at gunpoint and drag him away crying while keeping old ladies at bay with force?

The point of these vids it would seem to me that basic human rights/child abuse conventions do not apply to Israeli soldiers.

I have watched other frightful testimony of ex Israeli soldiers confessing the training and actions they committed of this nature. There is also much info available on Palestinian children being taken and detained, very young.

What sort of oversight applies here to enforce humane treatment of children? I see none
Maybe the family kidnapped the kid and they were bringing the kid back. I could probably think of a few more off the top of my head.

Long story but I had a court order to pick up my son from my ex wifes house. She brainwashed him in 3 short months that he didn’t want to go with me. It was a shit show. If cameras were there it would have looked like I was the bad guy taking a kid away from his loving mother. I now have full custody of him because of that and 10 more things. I ended up leaving instead of causing a scene. I also knew this would greatly backfire on her which it did. I let the judge handle it. Just saying everything isn’t what it appears to be. Context is needed.

Jan 21, 2015
^ not bad. I can see that scenario

My only counter is that I see similar videos posted from Palestine daily. Wonder how many of them are 'out of context'

Sorry about your domestic situ, my brother is in the thick of something similar, its terrifying. :(

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018

But a 10 year old kid is a 10 year old kid, no? What context could you come up with where 20 armed soldiers have to gang up and physically rip a child from his family at gunpoint and drag him away terrified, crying while keeping old ladies at bay with force?

Imagine the trauma a young child will suffer by being attacked by a horde of soldiers, kidnapped and thrown in a truck and taken away to god knows where for god knows how long. Even if the kid was throwing rocks, or maybe even has some info on more dangerous folk, its nasty imo/heartless. How can anyone of conscious do such a thing?

Another thing. The IDF maybe heavy handed but who hides weapons and terrorists at schools and hospitals? It isn’t the Jews. Many people in Gaza are caught in the middle but the majority side with Hamas. If they wanted change that would be the first place to start. I also understand Hamas kills their own too. That isn’t Israel’s doing.

Jan 21, 2015
yes
I am familiar with google
Sometimes I like to get the perspective from a person who has emotion in or is invested in a certain topic
yes

I love listening to differing sides of an issue, from extreme to extreme, then stuff in the middle. Then draw your own conclusions/leanings

Internet is great for this, you can find opinions stretching in any direction. Listen to everything, believe nothing lol

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
^ not bad. I can see that scenario

My only counter is that I see similar videos posted from Palestine daily. Wonder how many of them are 'out of context'

Sorry about your domestic situ, my brother is in the thick of something similar, its terrifying. :(
I wish him the best and hope he has the best council he can afford. It makes a difference. I also had a great judge.

Jan 21, 2015
Another thing. The IDF maybe heavy handed but who hides weapons and terrorists at schools and hospitals? It isn’t the Jews. Many people in Gaza are caught in the middle but the majority sides with Hamas. If they wanted change that would be the furst place to start. I also understand Hamas kills there own too. That isn’t Israel’s doing.
Well to play devils advocate where exactly in Gaza are any orgs supposed to 'officially'
I wish him the best and hope he has the best council he can afford. It makes a difference. I also had a great judge.
His ex turned his kids against him hardcore, played every trick to keep him from seeing his kids out of spite/revenge. Brainwashed them into not wanting/letting him see them. So nasty

He finally got a court order to force her to bring the kids for some kind of family counselling/reconciliation to get to the truth but I don't think it started yet. He's been exiled from them for a couple years now, paying up the arse for a good lawyer but still things moving slow as fuck

Getting off topic but thanks for sharing

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Well to play devils advocate where exactly in Gaza are any orgs supposed to 'officially'

His ex turned his kids against him hardcore, played every trick to keep him from seeing his kids out of spite/revenge. Brainwashed them into not wanting/letting him see them. So nasty

He finally got a court order to force her to bring the kids for some kind of family counselling/reconciliation to get to the truth but I don't think it started yet. He's been exiled from them for a couple years now, paying up the arse for a good lawyer but still things moving slow as fuck

Getting off topic but thanks for sharing
Can you reword your first question about the orgs? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Damn years away is going to be tough. The counseling is called "reunification". He needs to find someone who specializes in this. On paper we had 50/50 custody but in reality he saw her maybe one weekend per month but I still payed her support as I wanted to leave well enough alone. My son did a stupid thing and I punished him by taking a NY school trip away. His mother out of nowhere white knighted him. She paid for a NY trip and bought him a dog. That's all it took. She filed a TRO and I didn't see him for 3 months. In those 3 months he was completely brainwashed. Didn't go to school and when he did his grades sucked as she moved him into another county. I would never believe this possible if it didn't happen to my own son. Everything is great now. He's a straight A honor student. State champ in BJJ. He doesn't have a relationship with his mother now. All her doing. She was late to those reunification sessions, accused him of creating the situation. She even called him the devil in front of the shrink. She stopped going and in order to start the process for supervised visits, she needed to complete this and about another 5 things which she decided she didn't want to do. I know i would crawl through glass but that's me. The kicker to all this is she is now ordered to pay me child support. Haven't seen a dime but the state is on it as I type.

Jan 21, 2015
Can you reword your first question about the orgs? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Damn years away is going to be tough. The counseling is called "reunification". He needs to find someone who specializes in this. On paper we had 50/50 custody but in reality he saw her maybe one weekend per month but I still payed her support as I wanted to leave well enough alone. My son did a stupid thing and I punished him by taking a NY school trip away. His mother out of nowhere white knighted him. She paid for a NY trip and bought him a dog. That's all it took. She filed a TRO and I didn't see him for 3 months. In those 3 months he was completely brainwashed. Didn't go to school and when he did his grades sucked as she moved him into another county. I would never believe this possible if it didn't happen to my own son. Everything is great now. He's a straight A honor student. State champ in BJJ. He doesn't have a relationship with his mother now. All her doing. She was late to those reunification sessions, accused him of creating the situation. She even called him the devil in front of the shrink. She stopped going and in order to start the process for supervised visits, she needed to complete this and about another 5 things which she decided she didn't want to do. I know i would crawl through glass but that's me. The kicker to all this is she is now ordered to pay me child support. Haven't seen a dime but the state is on it as I type.

oops, I switched thoughts and forgot to come back to the first one, lol

Thinking back its not worth askin

The more cases I hear like this, the more the pattern seems to be that the ex wife completely dominates the early rounds but then gasses out and loses in the long run. Kids eventually see the truth and come back some sooner some later

I am really quite scared for my bro's kids to be honest. We have no idea what's been going on with them for 2 years. And she is a psycho if I may say. My brother I'm guessing will learn lots in these reunification sessions but damn those will be some hard hits. Maybe not, hopefully they are OK I guess I should hope for this

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
oops, I switched thoughts and forgot to come back to the first one, lol

Thinking back its not worth askin

The more cases I hear like this, the more the pattern seems to be that the ex wife completely dominates the early rounds but then gasses out and loses in the long run. Kids eventually see the truth and come back some sooner some later

I am really quite scared for my bro's kids to be honest. We have no idea what's been going on with them for 2 years. And she is a psycho if I may say. My brother I'm guessing will learn lots in these reunification sessions but damn those will be some hard hits. Maybe not, hopefully they are OK I guess I should hope for this
How did he let this go on for 2 years? Mine is obviously a psycho too. I asked around for lawyers and found a female shark. I had an older friend who took care of the original divorce. I was basically co-council and made a lot of the decisions. Did a hearing pro se. he didn't want to be involved again (thankfully) or I wouldn't have found my shark. She calls me to speak to her clients now. This lady wouldn't even let me say hello to opposing council. If I took a piss I had to get permission how many times to shake it. It was HARD to give up control like that but I did. The outcome was so much more than I have could have ever expected. The courts at least down here are getting better at seeing who the better parent is. My ex is probably about the worst witness ever to take the stand so that helps also.

Jan 21, 2015
I have been frustrated with the length of time too. As a parent myself there would be nothing stopping me from going in and keeping my relationship with my kids going at all cost.

But he is terrified of her, and has chosen to go this route via his lawyer's advice. I get impatient and think he should be more proactive sometimes but he has decided to stay the course, we just didn't know it would take this long. He's spend a mountain of lawyer fees and come this far, apparently if he starts going commando on the situation he could wreck everything he's done so far.

Super hard situation, our hope is that the courts and counselors etc also see the truth and help out. Not sure what would happen if they don't

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I have been frustrated with the length of time too. As a parent myself there would be nothing stopping me from going in and keeping my relationship with my kids going at all cost.

But he is terrified of her, and has chosen to go this route via his lawyer's advice. I get impatient and think he should be more proactive sometimes but he has decided to stay the course, we just didn't know it would take this long. He's spend a mountain of lawyer fees and come this far, apparently if he starts going commando on the situation he could wreck everything he's done so far.

Super hard situation, our hope is that the courts and counselors etc also see the truth and help out. Not sure what would happen if they don't
He hasn't seen or spoken to them in 2 years?