Society Israel vs. Palestine Round 5078: POLL

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's more to blame for this latest surge in violence?

• Israel

• Palestinians/Hamas

Results are only viewable after voting.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

You cannot conflate building the greatest empire in the history of the world, setting up western civilization as you know it whilst also teaching the world a global language without breaking a few eggs with a rogue state oppressing minorities with violence and apartheid.

Can you.

M

member 3289

Apart from the late rent this can be pinpointed to when the Israelis attacked the mosque.
How many people died in that "attack?" Is firing rockets at civilians a proportionate response in your opinion?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You cannot conflate building the greatest empire in the history of the world, setting up western civilization as you know it whilst also teaching the world a global language without breaking a few eggs with a rogue state oppressing minorities with violence and apartheid.

Can you.
Defending genocide with lies. Shocking.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
How many people died in that "attack?" Is firing rockets at civilians a proportionate response in your opinion?

That was the apex of months and months of violence against their people.

Don't get me wrong. Firing rockets into Israel is mucho no bueno but I can see their anger.

The world looks away while they are being slowly tortured and humiliated on a daily basis by their guards. This is the only way they see as getting the worlds attention. The good it does them when Israel ignores international law anyway.

They are a rogue state pure and simple.

M

member 3289

That was the apex of months and months of violence against their people.

Don't get me wrong. Firing rockets into Israel is mucho no bueno but I can see their anger.

The world looks away while they are being slowly tortured and humiliated on a daily basis by their guards. This is the only way they see as getting the worlds attention. The good it does them when Israel ignores international law anyway.

They are a rogue state pure and simple.
So many appeals to emotion.

I'll stop trying to argue logically/at all.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I can't answer the poll because I think both sides carry large amounts of responsibility.

I do think the Palestinians could end it by declaring peace.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
When there’s been so much tension for years. So many deaths, so much oppression, it’s not fair to pinpoint the recent escalation on one specific event.... but if we are going to ...

According to the Geneva convention, a state are allowed to defend themselves with arms if war crimes are being committed. One could interpret the sheikh jarrah evictions as warcrimes. It wasn’t just four houses, and even it was ; it starts at four houses, then it could be 4,000, or 40,000. I’m not exaggerating, Palestine is shrinking before our eyes, and Israelis have not stuck to the borders given by the UN. They continue to illegally settle without any ramifications. They have misplaced over 700,000 Arabs in that region since 1947
8419B0FA-166D-473B-A7BF-74BD02D9FB01.jpeg

Now i can’t defend hamas for firing into civilian territory. Morally I just can’t, unlike some people in this thread, who still justify the killing of children and babies by idf just because they think their white grandparents from Europe are Jewish so they must defend every atrocity carried out by Israel. I’ve never got this emotional attachment to a state, I’m from England, but I’ll never defend immoral shit that my government does or have done

but I promise I could probably find 10, maybe 20 examples of unprovoked, disproportionate level of violence by the IDF right now, but i don’t want to play the whataboutgame cause it will just go in circles.

Now I am appealing to emotion, but I know for a fact that no American would sit and endure what the Palestinians have without retaliating. If Britain gave the native Indians a portion of their land back, and they tried spreading their settlements, legally or illegally, I know no American would just let it happen and not resist. Whether there was court papers or not. Without going down the rabbit hole, it’s an innate instinct to defend what yours and your land. Wouldn’t you say the death toll is significantly disproportionate , if we’re talking proportional retaliation

M

member 1013

You can't build the greatest empire in the history of the world, set up western civilization as you know it whilst also teaching the world a global language without breaking a few eggs.

Can you.
My god this British supremacism