Society Isreal shot 400 civilian protestors yesterday killing 16

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Don't you understand they threw some stones and burnt a few tires. They deserved to be picked off with headshots by snipers.
I equate this situation to people that don't belong there going into ghettos at night. No it's not right that you got beaten to a pulp but you should have stayed away. You were in a place that you didn't belong.

Oct 24, 2015
I equate this situation to people that don't belong there going into ghettos at night. No it's not right that you got beaten to a pulp but you should have stayed away. You were in a place that you didn't belong.
That's some good smoke you are on. Can I get your connects number?

M

member 3289

At the border of a country that your country says shouldn't exist, during the same week that your country is making threats towards that country.
Had they crossed the border? They were on Palestinian land.

going into ghettos at night
Also, are you comparing the actions of a national defense force to those of inner-city criminals?

Because if so, we agree.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Had they crossed the border? They were on Palestinian land.
No Israeli crossed into the Palestinian territory either but;
The Israeli military accused Palestinian militants of using the cover of protests to carry out attacks. It said thousands of Palestinians threw rocks and rolled burning tires toward Israeli soldiers on the other side of the border fence. It also said that in one incident, Palestinian gunmen fired towards Israeli soldiers.

Therefore it was not a good place to be hanging out which was my point. Especially when your own government is threatening that country. Seems like common sense to me. Like I said, I avoid ghettos a night. When you are in a crowd that is shooting and threatening each other you should get out of there. It's unfortunate that this guy was killed.

Also, are you comparing the actions of a national defense force to those of inner-city criminals?
Because if so, we agree.
No, I was drawing the comparison of going into dangerous places where you are at risk. That should be obvious unless you are just trolling now.

M

member 3289

Therefore it was not a good place to be hanging out which was my point.
You said the protesters were somewhere they "didn't belong". They were in the Gaza Strip, a part of Palestine. Israel and Egypt don't let them leave. That is the only place they "belong".

No, I was drawing the comparison of going into dangerous places where you are at risk. That should be obvious unless you are just trolling now.
Not trolling, just pointing out how hypocritical and ridiculous you sound.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You said the protesters were somewhere they "didn't belong". They were in the Gaza Strip, a part of Palestine. Israel and Egypt don't let them leave. That is the only place they "belong".
I don't care what country you live in. Even if you are a resident there are still no-go zones. A border zone between two countries that are enemies while people were shooting and rolling burning tires at another country. That's clearly not a healthy place to be. That's a "don't belong" zone in my mind. Just like dangerous places at night are a "don't belong" zone in my country. Even if I am within my borders.

Not trolling, just pointing out how hypocritical and ridiculous you sound.
In my mind you failed to make your case. All that you demonstrated is that you are an Israel critic and will overlook all of the facts on the ground to isolate on one situation hoping to make Israel look bad.

Either way I doubt we will agree here. We have both made our points. So there is no sense continuing the back and forth.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
No of course he doesn't.
Hell of a shot that guy has while dude layed out on the ground.
look, we can go back and forth. You post videos of IDF soldiers shooting people, I post videos of Hamas dropping rockets on shopping malls and blowing up buses. Or vice-versa, there's no moral high ground in this conflict. But what you fail to realize is that there's about 20% of each population bent on destroying the other. The rest are simply focused on not getting destroyed. I just got back from a week in Israel and Palestine, and I'm pretty sure I've got a better feel for the politics of the situation.

Regarding this specific incident (the protests), Israel can't let it escalate to 20k people attacking their wall and crossing in to Israel. So they dropped tear gas on the multitudes and picked off some of the alpha aggressors. If the protesters had stayed in their protest camps for the next 6 days and managed to not actively attack Israel, I don't think Israel would have done anything.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They apparently were throwing rocks, so yes? Not looked into it. But borders are traditionally forcefully protected, same goes for airports, and such. There's a place and time for everything.

You defend murderers, what a shame

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just another in the long line of Isreal armed forces murdering Palestinians and nobody is doing shit about it.